THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: He’s gone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:02 am 

Confirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:04 am 

Russybcool wrote:
ROKERITE wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ROKERITE wrote:
I thought he was a poor appointment at the time but thirteen league matches means the man hardly got his feet under the table.

There are some good options out there but from what I'm reading on here the next man will have to stamp his authority from the off.

MK Dons is a good opportunity but Mr Winkelman must back his next manager even if tough decisions are to be made.

1. No we are not. Anyone with eyes will see four managers in less than a year is rubbish. If I was a manager I would not want to touch us with a barge pole. There is potential in there, but there is potential for me to date a Victoria Secret model. Doesn't say it is realistic.

2. Back them how? He gave Alexander enough funds to buy or loan what was it 11 players?? If that isn't backing them I don't know what is. Bar the appointment itself, which in hindsight was wrong what more can Winkelman do? I am not his fan, but all he does is write the cheques, its Sweeting to gets the players in the door.

From what I'm reading on here, and you know better than me, the players are the biggest problem. Their attitudes and performances are seeing off one manager after another. It's not an unusual situation; I've seen it in the past at my own club.

When I say back his manager I mean supporting him if he decides four or five players must be pushed out of the first-team squad and told they'll be gone in January. If that means taking a heavy financial loss then so be it, if that is what the next manager quickly realises is necessary to end the malaise. Players today have so much power but they must be shown they don't have it all.

They are and this fuels more credence to the fact that who in their right mind would want to come into that? Knowing full well that three managers have tried (and failed) to get the best out of this lot and don't forget there will never be an overhaul of players in Jan so whoever comes in will have to deal with them till next summer.

Not all clubs have the ability to push aside players. We don't especially in defence where the problems lie and have lied for two seasons now. We are not Man U freezing out Sancho. As much as I admire your point and I do who in their right mind would buy these shits? And we would have to replace them in the 30 day window in January. Not realistic. We can't afford to pay off their contracts even though I would love us to so we are stuck in a rock and a hard place.

January isn't an easy window either, clubs don't want to let go of their better players if they are in contention. Best you can hope for is to find players in last knockings of their contracts that clubs might want to get something for rather than nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:08 am 

The fact Chris Lucketti is also leaving immediately and no mention of anyone taking temporary charge, I assume a replacement is imminent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:11 am 

Winkelman is backed into a corner.

Young progressive coach in manning didn’t work last season
A bouncy motivator like Jackson didn’t work
A grizzled old clogger like Alexander hasn’t worked.

He is running out of road and options:

I think he knows he has one path left and that is the path backwards, as there is no real path forwards anymore.

Robbo will be coming back I reckon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:11 am 

Dazzerdon wrote:
Confirmed.

Where ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:13 am 

Sorry but we are done.

If someone like alexander cant sort this rabble out then not sure what the answer is anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:14 am 

Zen wrote:

I think he knows he has one path left and that is the path backwards, as there is no real path forwards anymore.

And if that doesnt work ? let's say by February things haven't improved. Dangerous old precedent being set here imo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:14 am 

Zen wrote:

You could point to a few reasons why each of those managers didn't succeed though. Not sure if any are valid reasons, but probably played a contributing factor -

Manning - Tried to change formation, reverting to 4 at he back and not using wing backs, after a highly successful season solely playing 3-4-3. Lost some key players. Had to managed a team devoid morale after missing out on auto's to the Championship
Jackson - Inexperienced manager coming in at the worst time possible. A team with no confidence and all players underperforming
Alexander - Failed due to his style of play and anti-football approach.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:15 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
The fact Chris Lucketti is also leaving immediately and no mention of anyone taking temporary charge, I assume a replacement is imminent.

Yes I thought that too.

I wonder if the club have a reserve list from the interview process or alternatively have they got KR or Lewie lined up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:16 am 

Zeberdee wrote:
Zen wrote:

And if that doesnt work ? let's say by February things haven't improved. Dangerous old precedent being set here imo.

What precedent? We don't keep managers long term, that's a long standing fact. Only one in our history has had 2 full seasons at the club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next