THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toxicity
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:44 am 

Whilst being one of my favourite albums (System of a Down, if you aren't tasteful enough to know) it is also a word that isn't for our feelings atm.
Everyone seems to be on one side of the fence here but all I ask is, don't let it become toxic. I say this, because I think it will, but it shouldn't be.

GA might not be the man, but don't let it become personal. Don't let it become harmful or hateful. We're better than that. Express your views, you're entitled to do that. But remember the line and don't cross it.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

Post subject: Re: Toxicity
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:22 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Whilst being one of my favourite albums (System of a Down, if you aren't tasteful enough to know) it is also a word that isn't for our feelings atm.
Everyone seems to be on one side of the fence here but all I ask is, don't let it become toxic. I say this, because I think it will, but it shouldn't be.

GA might not be the man, but don't let it become personal. Don't let it become harmful or hateful. We're better than that. Express your views, you're entitled to do that. But remember the line and don't cross it.

How many on Aisle 12 are on this forum? That will be the core source of booing and more. I'd suggest your message needs to go on Facebook and Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:33 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

How many on Aisle 12 are on this forum? That will be the core source of booing and more. I'd suggest your message needs to go on Facebook and Twitter.

I hope it's not the case. But Saturday has the potential to get nasty very quickly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:36 am 

I'm staying away on Saturday because I can't be bothered with the toxicity. I know it's going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:39 am 

I’m all ready to boo and chant. Only way to get the point across imo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:43 am 

It’s his birthday today can we get a lovely rendition of happy birthday going please?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:06 am 

It feels like the arguments to change the coaching staff may be lost due to unreasonable behaviour. Bit like shouting at someone, with any valid points lost in a sea of noise and venom.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:36 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

I'm banned from the Facebook group. Ironically, for calling someone a fucking idiot

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:09 am 

I just hope we don't go into the game with any toxicity. As I mentioned elsewhere, the best outcome for all involved is that GA turns this around, which isn't impossible. We've seen clubs stand by managers before and benefited from doing so and I hope that can be the case here. Sacking a manager is costly and is also a risk in itself.

I don't know if any formation will make much of a difference, but I do really want to see us pack the midfield a bit more, as I think that is where we are falling short. I don't want to see us playing with two strikers if we're playing with 5 at the back. It doesn't work because we have too few players in midfield. The only way 2 strikers can work is if we play 4 at the back.

So if he wants to have 2 strikers leading the line, he needs to revert to 4 at the back and not use wing backs. If he wants to stick to 5 at the back, then he needs to have 1 striker leading the line with 2 play makers in behind (Leko and Payne).

Fingers crossed for a win and the start of our title charge.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:17 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
I just hope we don't go into the game with any toxicity. As I mentioned elsewhere, the best outcome for all involved is that GA turns this around, which isn't impossible. We've seen clubs stand by managers before and benefited from doing so and I hope that can be the case here. Sacking a manager is costly and is also a risk in itself.

I don't know if any formation will make much of a difference, but I do really want to see us pack the midfield a bit more, as I think that is where we are falling short. I don't want to see us playing with two strikers if we're playing with 5 at the back. It doesn't work because we have too few players in midfield. The only way 2 strikers can work is if we play 4 at the back.

So if he wants to have 2 strikers leading the line, he needs to revert to 4 at the back and not use wing backs. If he wants to stick to 5 at the back, then he needs to have 1 striker leading the line with 2 play makers in behind (Leko and Payne).

Fingers crossed for a win and the start of our title charge.

Well said sir. We're all on the same side and want the MKD to charge up the table under the watchful eye of GA. Let's hope all remember that.