THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Player of the Year
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:10 pm 
Voting now open on the official site for Player of the Year.

Has to be Scott Twine surely?

Most goal contributions of any player in our history for a single season and it's not even finished, has scored some absolute crackers and scored a couple of late winning goals. Let's not discount his contribution just because he's had a slightly 'off' couple of months.

He deserves it but I'd also say Darling and O'Hora put in a shift this season too.

Can't be anyone other than Troy Parrott for Young Player of the Year (under 21) IMO.

Post subject: Re: Player of the Year
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:07 pm 

All of the ones you've mentioned have done well, but there's only one player with 100% win record, no goals conceded, and beat that lot.
No choice but to vote for Franco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:05 am 

BristolDon wrote:
All of the ones you've mentioned have done well, but there's only one player with 100% win record, no goals conceded, and beat that lot.
No choice but to vote for Franco

:lol:
You're not wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:33 am 

It will be Twine, but for me O'Hora is my man. Darling also in for a shout as you mentioned. If Coventry or Cumming had played a whole season they'd be worthy of a shout too. Nobody has had a bad or disappointing season really, even those on the fringes or who left in January all put in a shift. Now don't ruin it today lads.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:39 am 

Yeap agree that Twine is the clear winner. I love Darling and O’hora and think in any other year either would be worthy winners. But as others have mentioned Twine is now out top goal contributor in any single season. That alone deserves recognition. I’ve been thinking lately that we don’t quite realise how lucky we are to have Twine. He is arguably the best player in league 1 (stats support this) but seems to fly slightly under the radar. He can do pretty much everything you want from an attacking player and works harder than most other wingers I’ve seen in a Dons shirt.

A future premier league player I’ve no doubt. I just hope we can keep him for another season because if we do I’ve no doubt he will become a mainstay pick in all our best every Dons 11s.

Parrot is a great should for young player or the year. It would be great if he won it because his bounce back in from has been tremendous and listening to his interviews is seems like realised he was letting his chance go and really knuckled down and worked hard to get himself back into form.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:42 pm 

For me Twine and Darling neck and neck, it could go down to the wire.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:19 pm 

Troy Parrott for that goal and celebration.