THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Troy Parrott
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:20 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Yesterday I was quite pleased to see O'Hora and Harvie having a really good game. They often seem to be just a heartbeat away from making a serious mistake.

I really am not convinced by Harvie. Mini-me says I am being blinkered. But I just don't see much quality or end product, especially with his left foot. Ran tirelessly yesterday but even with the extra space available in the second half, didn't seem to achieve much? He is always one breath away from losing his rag too. Don't we have others (Kioso?) who can operate that flank too?

Was lucky not to get a yellow for a lunging tackle in the first half. The upside with Harvie is that he doesn’t give the ball away too often but, as you say, the end product often is awry (albeit sometimes because others are not reading the timing if his crosses as yesterday.) A cooler clinical head with a look up more often would help I’m sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:54 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Yesterday I was quite pleased to see O'Hora and Harvie having a really good game. They often seem to be just a heartbeat away from making a serious mistake.

I really am not convinced by Harvie. Mini-me says I am being blinkered. But I just don't see much quality or end product, especially with his left foot. Ran tirelessly yesterday but even with the extra space available in the second half, didn't seem to achieve much? He is always one breath away from losing his rag too. Don't we have others (Kioso?) who can operate that flank too?

Is it no end product or nobody in the box for him to cross to? No point getting to the line and crossing if there's nobody there because Parrott has dropped deep or gone wide on the right, which is why Harvie sometimes stopped and waited yesterday. There were a few times he got past the man and crossed too. I've been impressed with his development this season so far

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:59 pm 

Spurs fans reactions to Parrot doing well...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/28/c ... loan-exit/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:55 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

Hard to disagree with most of this but he's been sent off once in 165 games. It's a fine art to play on the line without overstepping it. When he first came anytime he got beat by someones movement he'd grab out at them but as he's got up to speed with the league he only does it when needed or when there's enough cover he might get away without a card. Zack Jules can play that side but is he better than Harvie going forward?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:38 am 

Back to the thread topic, several mates are convinced Parrott will be off to the championship in January. I think that would be a tactical error for Spurs and the player.

While his potential is undoubted, this lad is very raw. He’s a real battler, has great ball control and is a handful for midfields and defences. However, his decision making leaves a lot to be desired, his tactical awareness needs to improve and his finishing has a long way to go. In the championship he will not get the same service, support, time or space he does here with us in league one. I argue that those extra feet here and there and those additional milliseconds are just what he needs to improve all three areas more quickly, both to get the knowhow and mental speed he needs to accelerate his learning. He could and may well stall his development by leaving in January.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:04 pm 

Can't question his work rate but his dribbling and decision making can be erratic, leaving him to lose the ball at key times and do very questionable blind passes into the centre of the pitch or defence.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:36 am 

What do we think of how Troy Parrot is doing at the moment? I came on here to leave a comment until I realised that it's ditto my last one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:51 am 

He has talent and has played his part in our recent success. However he needs to define his role better, especially in the box and get the not scoring monkey off his back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:58 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
He has talent and has played his part in our recent success. However he needs to define his role better, especially in the box and get the not scoring monkey off his back.

This, completely. There was one point in the second half when we got a break with Theo on the ball down the right. But Parrott decided to run diagonally away from the goal rather than get into the middle - meaning Theo had no option in front of him.

He is so frustrating. Not sure it is the way he is being told to play (by us or Spurs) or just him not knowing instinctively how to be the focal point up front. It does remind me a lot of Kane, who frustrates the hell out of me for England too.

Its been mentioned a lot that he hit the ground running at the start of the season - but that was as part of a two-pronged attack if memory serves.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:32 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

This, completely. There was one point in the second half when we got a break with Theo on the ball down the right. But Parrott decided to run diagonally away from the goal rather than get into the middle - meaning Theo had no option in front of him.

He is so frustrating. Not sure it is the way he is being told to play (by us or Spurs) or just him not knowing instinctively how to be the focal point up front. It does remind me a lot of Kane, who frustrates the hell out of me for England too.

Its been mentioned a lot that he hit the ground running at the start of the season - but that was as part of a two-pronged attack if memory serves.

Both him and Eisa were very good at the start of the season as a part of a 2, but with Eisa's injury we moved to one up top and it just hasn't worked for either of them since. The thing is we can't now go back to a 2 without completely negating Corbeanu's place in the team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next