THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Troy Parrott
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:12 am 

RedOnRed wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
His work rate, tracking back, energy, movement, all fucking brilliant. I just wish he stayed up front a little more!

He's doing great but he's absolutely everywhere apart from in the box

Agree with this. He was playing so deep yesterday, which is fine if we have another striker on the pitch.

At times in the second half, we had no one in the box at all. Felt we really missed Eisa, although we look better when Watters came on.

Was disappointed with Boateng, who I didn’t feel offered much, especially when he moved up front.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:39 am 

Who is going to be dropped when Eisa comes back. Nice predicament but whoever gets left out, it’s going to seem very harsh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:41 am 

Growler wrote:
Who is going to be dropped when Eisa comes back. Nice predicament but whoever gets left out, it’s going to seem very harsh.

It'll be a test of Manning's people management skills for sure but, as you say, a great problem to have.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:47 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Growler wrote:

It'll be a test of Manning's people management skills for sure but, as you say, a great problem to have.

Boateng will be dropped and Parrot will play in the deeper role that he likes.
Boateng does seem to play better as a sub when everyone's legs are tired and he just keeps on running for everything

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:57 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Growler wrote:

Being a little picky, but to me 'dropped' implies they haven't been performing and being left out due to their own performances rather than the calibre of the returning players. For me we now have a squad of 'starters' and finishers', I wouldn't be concerned if pretty much anyone in the first team set up was picked in a starting XI right now. I think we will see a bit more rotation going forward. We've now got 9 games 32 games, including 2 pizza trophy games so the perfect chance for Kasumu, Watters and Eisa to all get back to full fitness.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am 
AB4 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Growler wrote:

Boateng does seem to play better as a sub when everyone's legs are tired and he just keeps on running for everything

Although Boateng has been decent, I agree that Eisa should come in.

Our best possible 11 if everyone is fit IMO:

Fisher
Lewie
O'Hora
Darling
Harvie
Watson*
Robson
O'Riley
Twine
Parrott
Eisa

Only debatable one is Watson or Kioso. Kasumu is excellent but all our other midfielders have been excellent too and wouldn't want to disrupt the momentum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:07 am 

Filthier wrote:
AB4 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Growler wrote:

Fisher
Lewie
O'Hora
Darling
Harvie
Watson*
Robson
O'Riley
Twine
Parrott
Eisa

Only debatable one is Watson or Kioso. Kasumu is excellent but all our other midfielders have been excellent too and wouldn't want to disrupt the momentum.

Can't argue with that. I do feel Kasumu and Kioso will come back in to the team at some point. Probably for Robson and obviously Watson. Playing Kasumu and Kioso might be the difference between them being here or not next season so there is likely a political reason to play them as well as a sporting one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:35 am 

Yesterday I was quite pleased to see O'Hora and Harvie having a really good game. They often seem to be just a heartbeat away from making a serious mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:01 pm 

Filthier wrote:
AB4 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Growler wrote:

Fisher
Lewie
O'Hora
Darling
Harvie
Watson*
Robson
O'Riley
Twine
Parrott
Eisa

For me, Kioso has the clear edge. He is more able to take the ball into the box rather than just cross. Also tracks back and defends equally well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:45 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Yesterday I was quite pleased to see O'Hora and Harvie having a really good game. They often seem to be just a heartbeat away from making a serious mistake.

I really am not convinced by Harvie. Mini-me says I am being blinkered. But I just don't see much quality or end product, especially with his left foot. Ran tirelessly yesterday but even with the extra space available in the second half, didn't seem to achieve much? He is always one breath away from losing his rag too. Don't we have others (Kioso?) who can operate that flank too?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next