THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: New manager
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:14 pm 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
I understand the apprehension surrounding a candidate Stephen Bradley, mainly because it will give many flashbacks of Neilson. However, as I said previously in this thread it wouldn't surprise me if we steer towards recruiting highly rated coaches from now on rather than the traditional 'manager'; after all we already have an effective recruitment structure in place so it's not like we will risk another Neilson coming in and doing what he did.

After doing a little research it seems like Stephen Bradley is a very well respected coach of players and has done well at Shamrock Rovers. He would certainly bring a winning mentality to the club, especially after recently guiding Rovers to an unbeaten league title.

100% this!

Bradley would be nothing like Neilson. Neilson's playing style was awful. Some of the worst football we have ever seen. I think the club has also learned a lot from that whole debacle. Neilson clearly couldn't spot or assess talent. He shifted out some very good players and replaced them with complete shite. The structures we have in place now (Liam Sweetings role) will prevent any new managers from carrying out such dramatic squad overhauls, and ensure any signings we do make have been fully assessed by our recruitment team and not just signed on the word of a manager. Look at the players Neilson signed for us for god sake! Are any of them actually still playing at this level or above? (Harvey Barnes aside of course!).

Last edited by Ormeau on Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:19 pm 

I think Bradley sounds like a promising lead. Won titles and cups and plays good football. Good to know we are following a certain criteria.

McPake also sounds decent, won a promotion and manager of the year. I do think both would be better then anyone new to management. We need to hit the ground running.

Wouldn’t worry about their ‘contacts’ that’s what Sweeting is for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:20 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Impressed with the complete lack of rumours. Club going about their business the right way.

Yes especially if we have to approach another club it is pretty clear any leaks won't be from our end

Yeah, the Martin leeks definitely came from the Welsh end.

Allegedly, Jody Morris told the press...

Whoosh.

Yup.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:53 pm 

Bradley looks a smart move to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:15 pm 

Doubt if Bradley or McPake can be likened to RN more than any other manager from UK or Rep.Ireland.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:08 pm 
Not keen on Bradley or that guy from Dundee. Rightly or wrongly, too much of a throwback to Neilson and they would be more of a gamble than others. No obvious links to clubs that we can take advantage of like Russ with Norwich - his connections really helped with recruitment of players like Jerome and Surman.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:23 pm 

Filthier wrote:
Not keen on Bradley or that guy from Dundee. Rightly or wrongly, too much of a throwback to Neilson and they would be more of a gamble than others. No obvious links to clubs that we can take advantage of like Russ with Norwich - his connections really helped with recruitment of players like Jerome and Surman.

I agree that they both give flash backs to Neilson but that doesn't mean they'll be anything like him. Neilson really has tarnished our trust in managers from outside England.

Nielson was a complete drip in interviews and didn't seem to have much about him at all. Watched a few interviews with Bradley and he doesn't seem anything like that, thankfully.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:24 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Impressed with the complete lack of rumours. Club going about their business the right way.

Yes especially if we have to approach another club it is pretty clear any leaks won't be from our end

Yeah, the Martin leeks definitely came from the Welsh end.

Allegedly, Jody Morris told the press...

He also apparently runs a twitter account called "Chelsea Youth", which a lot of the time is slagging off other teams. He's never confirmed that he runs it, but seems to be common knowledge.

Sounds like a bit of a bellend.

Whether this is true or not, it kind of adds to my reservations about Morris. Strikes me as a bit of a billy big bollocks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:28 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Filthier wrote:

I agree that they both give flash backs to Neilson but that doesn't mean they'll be anything like him. Neilson really has tarnished our trust in managers from outside England.

Nielson was a complete drip in interviews and didn't seem to have much about him at all. Watched a few interviews with Bradley and he doesn't seem anything like that, thankfully.

I said similar about McPake, but to be fair the point around LS being involved this time is a good one. It should stop either flooding the squad with sub-standard players from their own countries. (To be honest Ireland can be a gold-mine for talent)

It's a good point about contacts though, although the days of Russ dragging in talented buddies seemed to be over this summer and replaced with us looking at young lads Luke Williams liked.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:40 pm 

Searched #mkdons on twitter and read this 'MK DONS are in talks with Shamrock Rovers Manager Stephen Bradley MK DONS would like him to take the role of manager at the club before the new season ☘️->⚫️⚪️ #mkdons #shamrockrovers #Transfers #FootballNews'. Got interested, checked account, has 2 followers :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 49  Next