THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tisdale out
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:39 pm 

yep, his time is up, we are a league 2 team with league 2 players he has signed, to defence minded we finished that match with 7 defenders on the park, pete wont stand for another relegation tisdale will be gone before xmas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:03 am 

Gers wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Anybody listened to Tisdales post match interview?

“ we need to step back a bit, the players are trying too hard”

I've just watched it on YouTube. Really sorry, but saying that Bowery had a good game is just plain delusional. That interview surely is worrying.

I’ve just watched it and have to agree with you, he maybe saying stuff so as to not knock the players confidence anymore but if he really meant any of the dross he spouted then it really is worrying.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:51 am 

Be very careful what you wish for!
Does anybody on here really think a change of manager is going to make our players world beaters.
Just sit back and think! if PW sacks Tissy who would replace him, just another from the Merry-go-round (Pardew, Pullis, Big Sam etc.)
Notts County, Ipswich to name just two from last season, changed managers still got relegated.
Watford this season changed manager still to win a league game.
Sport is all about confidence, winning breeds confidence, losing drains it!
I've watched football for over 60 years from amateur to PL level it's always the same.
If your having a bad run, lady luck seems to kick you in the teeth, like the goal against Southend.
Seem to be dominant, then lucky ricochet, pass into an empty net.
Players and fans get that "here we go again" feeling.
We have a squad of journeymen professionals, it's what we can afford.
Loan players are only a short term fix, at L1 & L2 level you have to make your own players, like Dele.
When we get our injured players back if things do not improve, then maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 am 

The squad is the product of a team that is making £10k losses a day. You are forced to spend on journeymen, players with no realistic chance of ever making a decent run injury-free and players who probably only score half a dozen goals a season. Winkelman is, therefore, cutting back and the chances of strengthening in January are very slim. The squad is basically the same as it'll be when the season's over, making relegation a dead cert.
Still, at least there's a new training ground to look forward to lol.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 am 

Nearlyclubred wrote:
Does anybody on here really think a change of manager is going to make our players world beaters.
Just sit back and think! if PW sacks Tissy who would replace him, just another from the Merry-go-round (Pardew, Pullis, Big Sam etc.)
Notts County, Ipswich to name just two from last season, changed managers still got relegated.
Watford this season changed manager still to win a league game.
Sport is all about confidence, winning breeds confidence, losing drains it!
I've watched football for over 60 years from amateur to PL level it's always the same.
If your having a bad run, lady luck seems to kick you in the teeth, like the goal against Southend.
Seem to be dominant, then lucky ricochet, pass into an empty net.
Players and fans get that "here we go again" feeling.
We have a squad of journeymen professionals, it's what we can afford.
Loan players are only a short term fix, at L1 & L2 level you have to make your own players, like Dele.
When we get our injured players back if things do not improve, then maybe.

I too have followed footy for over 60 years and confirm from my experiences every word of the above.

Those who think spending money is the answer should take a look at Derby's first against Luton and reflect upon the fact that Luton paid in excess of ONE MILLION for him. And that was just the latest of his cock ups.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:36 am 

Alex Zane wrote:
The squad is the product of a team that is making £10k losses a day. You are forced to spend on journeymen, players with no realistic chance of ever making a decent run injury-free and players who probably only score half a dozen goals a season. Winkelman is, therefore, cutting back and the chances of strengthening in January are very slim. The squad is basically the same as it'll be when the season's over, making relegation a dead cert.
Still, at least there's a new training ground to look forward to lol.

101 club, number 1564

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:24 am 

Nearlyclubred wrote:
Watford this season changed manager still to win a league game..............

Who would replace him? Someone with experience of getting teams promoted from this league for starters (Tisdale doesn't have that).

You've given examples of teams that have changed managers and got relegated, I can provide just as many teams that changed managers and they were a success.

It's not just a case of a change of manager to hopefully improve the short term, but the longer term outlook. PT isn't the right man to get this club to the Championship. His recruitment just isn't good enough (no loans, no capable enough striker to replace what we lost in Aneke, signing injury prone players - I know, nothing new for us). I don't trust him with the January window.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:37 am 

Neil Harris.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:40 am 

Filthy wrote:
Nearlyclubred wrote:

Who would replace him? Someone with experience of getting teams promoted from this league for starters (Tisdale doesn't have that).

You've given examples of teams that have changed managers and got relegated, I can provide just as many teams that changed managers and they were a success.

It's not just a case of a change of manager to hopefully improve the short term, but the longer term outlook. PT isn't the right man to get this club to the Championship. His recruitment just isn't good enough (no loans, no capable enough striker to replace what we lost in Aneke, signing injury prone players - I know, nothing new for us). I don't trust him with the January window.

and that person is?

And how will they do anything different considering most of our attacking players are injured?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Nearlyclubred wrote:

and that person is?

And how will they do anything different considering most of our attacking players are injured?

As I said at the bottom of my post it's not just about the short term. PT shot himself in the foot by not recruiting well in attacking positions this summer, compounded by not bringing any loanees in.

A new manager can plan for January, bring in a few he trusts. There's also such a thing as a new manager bounce and let's be honest anything is better than Tisdale's tactics and team selections (he's getting close to Neilson levels of questionable tbh).

I'd go for Neil Harris - he's available, young (Pete has a track record of going for younger managers), did well on a limited budget at Millwall and recruited well over the years. Got Millwall promoted from L1.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next