THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tisdale out
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm 

Filthy wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Total and utter dross, was it really worse under Neilson? Certainly isn’t any better but I suppose he’s cheap and that’s all that matters.

What you have to acknowledge though is that Neilson had the players at his disposal largely.

Bar Osman Sow’s general injury circumstance. He also had Chuks.

We now have a single figure goals a season striker and a very raw boy.

Injuries have just highlighted the problem even more, but even with a fully fit squad, did we really recruit well enough?

Rhys Healey, fine. But Agard clearly isn't up to being a top striker at this level any more. The rest of them - Bowery, Nombe, Asonganyi, Bird aren't at the level we need yet. Mason doesn't inspire me to think he's the answer based on his stats, few appearances in recent years and pre-season.

It's pretty obvious to me that we didn't recruit enough quality in the right areas. We didn't get anyone to replace Chuks who was a big part of last season and one of our better players the last time we were in L1.

Crewe couldn't believe it that Bowery had some how gone to a League one club. We couldn't really believe it either. But Tisdale saw something in him...

Most on here knew Agard was not good enough, regardless of his goals in League 2 next season. Tisdale thought different, again and was wrong, again.

Mason had been without a club since January (Clearly in high demand :shock:), we all knew it was a risk, Tisdale thought different. Wrong again.

The only thing he has been right in was Healey, but Healey turned up completely unfit and unprofessional. Why did we not ensure that he was keeping himself fit while the negotiations went on?

All in all, a complete shambles of a window in terms of attacking options. Probably our worst ever. I don't think Tisdale likes to score goals.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:06 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Total and utter dross, was it really worse under Neilson? Certainly isn’t any better but I suppose he’s cheap and that’s all that matters.

What you have to acknowledge though is that Neilson had the players at his disposal largely.

Bar Osman Sow’s general injury circumstance. He also had Chuks.

We now have a single figure goals a season striker and a very raw boy.

Injuries have just highlighted the problem even more, but even with a fully fit squad, did we really recruit well enough?

Rhys Healey, fine. But Agard clearly isn't up to being a top striker at this level any more. The rest of them - Bowery, Nombe, Asonganyi, Bird aren't at the level we need yet. Mason doesn't inspire me to think he's the answer based on his stats, few appearances in recent years and pre-season.

It's pretty obvious to me that we didn't recruit enough quality in the right areas. We didn't get anyone to replace Chuks who was a big part of last season and one of our better players the last time we were in L1.

It wasn't just central strikers - we lacked any genuine attacking midfielders last season until the loans of Wheeler and Hesketh. And we only brought in Reeves and Dickenson to replace them. We needed at least one more of them, maybe two, given that we had no others and Reeves was always going to miss games with injury and Dickenson was also a replacement for Hancox as understudy LWB.

Dickenson is another one of tisdales not good enough signings imo along with Boateng, Bowery.
Not one of these three would get in any of our sides prior to five years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:12 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Crewe couldn't believe it that Bowery had some how gone to a League one club. We couldn't really believe it either. But Tisdale saw something in him...

Most on here knew Agard was not good enough, regardless of his goals in League 2 next season. Tisdale thought different, again and was wrong, again.

Mason had been without a club since January (Clearly in high demand :shock:), we all knew it was a risk, Tisdale thought different. Wrong again.

The only thing he has been right in was Healey, but Healey turned up completely unfit and unprofessional. Why did we not ensure that he was keeping himself fit while the negotiations went on?

All in all, a complete shambles of a window in terms of attacking options. Probably our worst ever. I don't think Tisdale likes to score goals.

Honestly I'm trying not to be too negative on here as people cry about it, but this squad, and equally importantly - the way we play, is just harking back to Neilson. Uninspiring, unentertaining, too defensive, questionable signings and tactics and a manager who is sleepwalking us into trouble.

Two more defeats will match our worst ever run of defeats in the league - the 2017/18 season (our relegation from L1).

Pete said he waited too long to act re sacking Neilson. I just hope he doesn't leave it too late again. If our form doesn't considerably improve by November then he has to go - that way anyone else coming in has a few weeks to assess the squad and plan for January. Not the last week of January like Pete did with Neilson and poor Micciche.

I've seen enough now to know that Tisdale isn't the man to take us forward, he just isn't a L1 manager. I don't know why people think a manager has to reach [x] amount of defeats to deserve being moved on - it's not just results, it's everything else - recruitment, playing style, tactics etc.

He's a nice bloke, we all know that, but he's not cut out for this level and severely underestimated the task.

Ultimately, his style of football just isn't the "MK Dons way" and after 18 months in charge the only thing that's impressed me is his calmness/intelligence in front of camera.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:16 pm 

Two weeks ago I posted on here after the Southend game, saying it's not the end of the world. I've changed my mind. Today was appalling. Felt like I was watching the football of Robbie Neilson again. We looked lost and out of our depth against a bang average side.
I've tried to be as positive and as patient as anyone on here, buy I can't put up with what I've seen today. I can deal with getting unlucky and it not being our day, every now and then. I can't deal with what I've seen today. There's no effort, the football is poor and we're relying on a teenager to come on and save the game at half time.
I really have enjoyed having Tis as our manager, and it's taken a long time for me to get to this stage, but (this is the first time I've said this) I wouldn't be disappointed if the club we're to pull the trigger on him tonight. There's no chance in my mind that would happen though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:22 pm 

Just taken a look at our forthcoming fixtures and I honestly cannot see us winning (or scoring)against anyone except maybe Rochdale before December!. It really is getting quite serious now. We’ve been here before and it hasn’t ended well. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:22 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Two weeks ago I posted on here after the Southend game, saying it's not the end of the world. I've changed my mind. Today was appalling. Felt like I was watching the football of Robbie Neilson again. We looked lost and out of our depth against a bang average side.
I've tried to be as positive and as patient as anyone on here, buy I can't put up with what I've seen today. I can deal with getting unlucky and it not being our day, every now and then. I can't deal with what I've seen today. There's no effort, the football is poor and we're relying on a teenager to come on and save the game at half time.
I really have enjoyed having Tis as our manager, and it's taken a long time for me to get to this stage, but (this is the first time I've said this) I wouldn't be disappointed if the club we're to pull the trigger on him tonight. There's no chance in my mind that would happen though.

Yeah but other than that.... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 pm 

Glad everyone is finally seeing Tisdale for, what I feel, he is. An uninspiring and dull manager with nothing really to offer. Nice guy but doesn't really have a clue. Tries to be too clever and it almost always back fires.
I'm sure those who don't allow others to express their true feelings (ie sarcastically saying 'we're all doomed') will be out in force over the next few days but the vast majority appear to be fed up.
I don't think we'll sack Tisdale unless we get relegated. Even if we just stay up I think we'll keep him. Too expensive for PW.
I spoke to an Exeter fan who was up for the Liverpool game and he said that Tisdale was on such a good contract that we can't sack him. Anyone know the details of his salary and length?
It's going to be a long winter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:41 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Glad everyone is finally seeing Tisdale for, what I feel, he is. An uninspiring and dull manager with nothing really to offer. Nice guy but doesn't really have a clue. Tries to be too clever and it almost always back fires.
I'm sure those who don't allow others to express their true feelings (ie sarcastically saying 'we're all doomed') will be out in force over the next few days but the vast majority appear to be fed up.
I don't think we'll sack Tisdale unless we get relegated. Even if we just stay up I think we'll keep him. Too expensive for PW.
I spoke to an Exeter fan who was up for the Liverpool game and he said that Tisdale was on such a good contract that we can't sack him. Anyone know the details of his salary and length?
It's going to be a long winter.

Yes Exeter probably couldn’t. I imagine we could.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:46 pm 

Anybody listened to Tisdales post match interview?

“ we need to step back a bit, the players are trying too hard”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:50 pm 

Scribble wrote:

“ the players are trying too hard”

Fuck me!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next