THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:08 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
This thread says it all. So much dissatisfaction when it comes to the ownership, but when it comes down to it:

Gers wrote:
I go because it's become what I do

East Wing Don wrote:
Will keep going no matter what. Full time fan, not just when its good.

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
I still go to every home game and will continue to next season. Much like Gers, it's just what I do. Don't know what I'd do with my Saturday afternoons otherwise.

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Of course I still go , and will continue to go.

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
As displeased as i can get, i couldnt be without it. I support the team, not the manager, chairman or staff but the badge and the name on the league table. I will continue to go as long as we continue to play.

For as long as attitudes like this exist, things won't improve, and PW will continue to take the piss out of you by putting the bare minimum effort in. Like just about every football club owner in the country, he's got you by the emotional short and curlies.

Thank god you don’t support the majority of teams in the EFL, you’d have walked away years ago.

This is why we get as much stick as we do. Unbelievable amount of fickle fans that stop supporting their club because they don’t agree with all the decisions their owner makes. You wouldn’t find this at most clubs. Fans stick by their club no matter what.

Cheers John.

I highly doubt someone of John’s age would even know what a forum was, let alone how to access it.

Cheers Pete.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:14 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
This thread says it all. So much dissatisfaction when it comes to the ownership, but when it comes down to it:

Gers wrote:

East Wing Don wrote:

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
I still go to every home game and will continue to next season. Much like Gers, it's just what I do. Don't know what I'd do with my Saturday afternoons otherwise.

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
As displeased as i can get, i couldnt be without it. I support the team, not the manager, chairman or staff but the badge and the name on the league table. I will continue to go as long as we continue to play.

For as long as attitudes like this exist, things won't improve, and PW will continue to take the piss out of you by putting the bare minimum effort in. Like just about every football club owner in the country, he's got you by the emotional short and curlies.

Thank god you don’t support the majority of teams in the EFL, you’d have walked away years ago.

This is why we get as much stick as we do. Unbelievable amount of fickle fans that stop supporting their club because they don’t agree with all the decisions their owner makes. You wouldn’t find this at most clubs. Fans stick by their club no matter what.

Fans are entitled to support their club however they want. This isn't just an MK Dons thing. At every club up and down the country there will be fans that drift and don't go to games so often as they feel frustration with their club, for all manner of reasons. That doesn't mean they're not fans, or are bad fans, it just means they've decided there's other things they'd prefer to do with their Saturdays. And that's OK.

The very fact that Dan is on this forum all the time tells you he is a fan, and he cares about this club, even if he doesn't feel the same connection to the club as he once did. I, like you, will still go to every home game no matter what, but that's a personal choice. It doesn't make me any more or less of a fan than anyone else.

Sorry, but I absolutely cannot get behind encouraging other fans to stop going to games.

Also, really not understanding what exactly is so wrong that some fans are staying away. We’re hardly Wigan, Morecambe or Bury.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Gers wrote:

East Wing Don wrote:

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Swindon this time last season had sold 3500 season tickets.

This season they have less than 1000 because they want the owner out and they want change.

There comes a point where you need to vote with your feet. I'm not there yet, but I would never blame people that do.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Gers wrote:

East Wing Don wrote:

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Fans are entitled to support their club however they want. This isn't just an MK Dons thing. At every club up and down the country there will be fans that drift and don't go to games so often as they feel frustration with their club, for all manner of reasons. That doesn't mean they're not fans, or are bad fans, it just means they've decided there's other things they'd prefer to do with their Saturdays. And that's OK.

The very fact that Dan is on this forum all the time tells you he is a fan, and he cares about this club, even if he doesn't feel the same connection to the club as he once did. I, like you, will still go to every home game no matter what, but that's a personal choice. It doesn't make me any more or less of a fan than anyone else.

Sorry, but I absolutely cannot get behind encouraging other fans to stop going to games.

Also, really not understanding what exactly is so wrong that some fans are staying away. We’re hardly Wigan, Morecambe or Bury.

Nobody's asking you to get behind anything. I just expect you to respect other people's point of view and the decisions they make. Whether or not you go to games is a personal choice.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:59 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Gers wrote:
I found a certain sense of relief last season when we actually weren't at home. Actually looking forward to not going. I like the ritual of going, meeting with friends, chewing the fat, couple of pints, etc' etc' etc', that part I like, but the football has been so shit for the last two years that I couldn't care less about the team.

W14 D5 L4 at home last term. I dread to think what an average season would have done to you :lol:

Think yourself lucky you were spared the away days. That was truly shocking and enough for me to question my sanity.

Questioning your sanity is a very good point…….although I did over half the away games, I did say no to a few purely on the basis of distance, I figured being fucking miserable for a three hour journey home would be detrimental to my health and state of mind.

I’m certainly looking to cut back on the aways next season, i imagine like a fair number around from the start of this club, I’m closing in on the 92 (it’s only really the huge clubs I haven’t done + the odd couple in the Championship) and now I’m close, I think I’ll be more tempted to get it done and spend my Saturday’s at The Emirates, Etihad, Old Trafford, St James’s Park etc. I’d never really given it any thought until now. Bromley’s the only guaranteed away game for me next season!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:18 am 

East Wing Don wrote:

Drop your kecks and spread your cheeks for Uncle Pete, there's a good lad. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

Thank you very much. You've summed that up very well. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 5:35 pm 

I will keep going. MK Dons are my team through good and bad times.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:52 pm 

The biggest problem for me as to whether or not I got to an MK game is the atmosphere

My last game at MK was May 22 Wycombe in the semi final and there was 13000 there. This is what MK need to create a good atmosphere. 5000 or 8000 doesnt do it for me in a stadium this big.

Not sure how you entice more crowds without giving away free kids tickets or rotating free tickets to schools etc..... All down to money and ive always felt (no proof) that MK try to be like Prem League clubs behind the scenes without the money to do so ie backroom staff. We need to cut our cloth etc....
Then again PW needs to let go and get say a new owner or co-owner in

GLA
Cant wait to come back to stadium MK, some v happy memories

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:08 am 

Hereford-Don wrote:
The biggest problem for me as to whether or not I got to an MK game is the atmosphere

My last game at MK was May 22 Wycombe in the semi final and there was 13000 there. This is what MK need to create a good atmosphere. 5000 or 8000 doesnt do it for me in a stadium this big.

Not sure how you entice more crowds without giving away free kids tickets or rotating free tickets to schools etc..... All down to money and ive always felt (no proof) that MK try to be like Prem League clubs behind the scenes without the money to do so ie backroom staff. We need to cut our cloth etc....
Then again PW needs to let go and get say a new owner or co-owner in

GLA
Cant wait to come back to stadium MK, some v happy memories

We have done all of that and everyone loves a freebee, but when it is the best part of £30 plus for parent and child that is a big ask every other week. It's not like kids tickets are a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. I do agree the atmosphere is shit. I sat in block 2 against Mansfield and you really could not hear the Cowshed (not cause they didn't try, just so far away from me the sound didn't carry). You can bring a horse to stadium MK, but you can't expect it to stay whilst we are in shitty league 2. The only thing that will get bums on seats is to get up the leagues. A crazy concept, but that is genuinely the only thing that will get people to come back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next