THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Checkatrade
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:44 am 

Alby wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Alby wrote:
A different time for MK Dons and a different competition..

No, same competition just under one of its many changes. If you read it's history it's been the Associate Members Cup, Football League Trophy, now the EFL Trophy; it's had about 9 different sponsors so many name changes. It's had changes in format - sometimes groups, sometimes knockout all the way. It's had invited non-league clubs joining in (in same way as current invited U-23 teams.) It's had fines for teams in the past for picking weakened teams (just like now). You might not like the current set of changes, but you can't say it's a different competition when it's whole existence has been one of regular changes in format. This is just its latest incarnation.

Ignore Alby, he's a bit Mary Whitehouse when it comes to the Checkatrade.

Myself and most other football fans. Don’t do it just to stick it to the man. I don’t like the competition because it’s a shit competition worth fuck all and absolutely irrelevant prize money

So if we get to Wembley in this comp then don't buy a ticket or watch it on Sky.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 am 

Why??

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 am 

Alby wrote:
Why??

Cause you obviously want to "stick it to the man".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am 

I quite literally said I don’t do it for that reason

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am 

Sausage wrote:
Scribble wrote:
MK Dons v Chelsea Academy.

We must crush them. Like a tank running over a dog. Or running over anything really.

Anything except an anti tank mine......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm 

Alby wrote:
Myself and most other football fans. Don’t do it just to stick it to the man. I don’t like the competition because it’s a shit competition worth fuck all and absolutely irrelevant prize money

When in the situation we apparently are in, no prize money is irrelevant. The Premier League has added additional money to allow their underage teams to play and the prize money for this competition is now greater than it has ever been.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 pm 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

When in the situation we apparently are in, no prize money is irrelevant. The Premier League has added additional money to allow their underage teams to play and the prize money for this competition is now greater than it has ever been.

Chelsea played Hazard yesterday. Not the Hazard?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:00 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

True, the club could well do with the money (unless Dele gets sold!). But for me as a fan the prize money is far less significant than us actually winning a cup. Promotions and relegations come and go but the rare piece of silverware remains forever, no-one can take that moment of history from us ( We tried it but we had to give the trophies to those AFC bastards in the end!)

The trophies went to Merton Council and it is in their offices.

We do have two trophies in winkies filing cabinet at home. One of which is the Football League Trophy. Nobody moaned back then about it. 35,000 MK Dons "fans" who had a good day out at Wembley. It is the only realistic thing we can win now we need to take it seriously surely.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:46 pm 

Purchased my ticket for the Chelsea academy match, hoping we can go all the way now :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm 

LinsladeDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

I can’t temember exactly how much prize money there is but literally the prize money is about absolutely pointless and would help us in no way whatsoever it’s that small

Apparently.

UTF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next