THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Will anyone buy....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:23 pm 

Muirhead, Cisse and Sow? And probably McGrandles....

Post subject: Re: Will anyone buy....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm 

Blackadder: 'Let's see what's in the biscuit tin. ninepence. Oh God'...... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:36 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Muirhead, Cisse and Sow? And probably McGrandles....

No

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 pm 

Neilson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:46 am 
Neilson seems to be a big fan, and if he gets to manage another club soon I wouldn't be surprised if he struck a deal with us to bring Sow to his new club.

Possibly applies to Muirhead too, although he has shown glimpses of potential this and last season. Just needs to massively up his consistency and get a few more goals.

Unfortunately I think Cissé is here for the rest of his contract.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:01 am 

What is everyones issue with McGrandles? He gave it away yesterday, but so does every player. We got punished because of Nicholls. A professional goalkeeper should be saving those shots.

Other than that one sloppy pass, McGrandles was our best player until he was subbed. Upson came on and gave the ball away more than he did in the first half. He was just used as a scape goat.

Keeping Cisse on and taking McGrandles off just made no sense at all. I had high hopes for DM but some of his subs have made me really question his ability.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 am 
LouisMKD wrote:
What is everyones issue with McGrandles? He gave it away yesterday, but so does every player. We got punished because of Nicholls. A professional goalkeeper should be saving those shots.

Other than that one sloppy pass, McGrandles was our best player until he was subbed. Upson came on and gave the ball away more than he did in the first half. He was just used as a scape goat.

Keeping Cisse on and taking McGrandles off just made no sense at all. I had high hopes for DM but some of his subs have made me really question his ability.

This

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:38 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

This

Yes I agree too

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 am 

After his miserable time here, the only place I can see RN getting another job is Scotland - and low SPL / Div 1 level at that. There is no way a club at that level will be able to afford Sow's wages sadly. Thats why he left Hearts in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 am 

According to the squad thread we have Nicholls, Sietsma, Williams, Lewington, Brittain, Walsh, Cisse, McGrandles, Gilbey, Pawlett, Nesbitt, Aneke, Agard, Sow and Asante under contract at least for next season - that is 15 players on League Pne wages we will need to shift alot out if we want to sign anyone else as we are going to be over our League two wage budget already. We may be able to sell a couple for low six figure fees but realistically I can see us releasing a number on a free to other clubs just to get them off the books, particularly those who can barely manage 2 games a month!