THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thoughts on yesterday
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 am 
Great advert for League 1 - lots of excitement, chances galore and a whole lot of passion on display. Gutted to not get anything from it.

We took a while to settle, but after a while, and certainly after we scored, we played some great football. When you consider that’s only Dan’s 3rd game, the difference in the way we played was pretty remarkable. Against Coventry, we looked comfortable on the ball for the first time in Christ knows how long (up until Lewie went off anyway) and players looked like they wanted the ball, but we created very few real chances. I missed Walsall because I’m plastic these days. Yesterday, we looked comfortable on the ball, played with a degree of swagger at times and created more chances than we have for the last few months combined. That degree of turnaround is incredible and I’m getting a bit of a crush on Mr McCiccie.

The results aren’t there yet, but they will come if we keep playing like that and we keep working to cut out the errors. Whether that’ll come in time to keep us up this season remains to be seen, but it all bodes well for the future.

I was disapointed how few fans stayed to applaud the team off at the end - the players are turning things round and could really do with the encouragement. You could tell they were dead on their feet and gutted when the final whistle went.

There are a whole load of positives to take from that game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 am 

Amen brother, testify!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am 

Ahhhhhhh belieeeve!!!! ☺

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 pm 

Preach sister

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:26 pm 

I’ve just watched the highlights. I missed their second goal as someone wanted to get to their seat (when the ball’s in play honestly?!). Why did Williams head a ball at knee height? If he had walloped it one, we would have a point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:41 pm 

For me , we only got to grasps with the game when you pushed forward , the first 15 we seemed under the kosh then pushed the wings backs on and we seemed to get a foothold higher up. So bringing EEL on for Cisse is one thing and a poor one but EEL dropped right back whereas Cisse was playing higher up the pitch . We immediatly lost momentum and gave them a head of steam . Ed Upson did a great job as did Pawlett and Agard was kicked all over the park. DM needs to learn quick about his players and substitutions because that two strangers ones now that have impacted on results , that said , the play is better and understandings seem to be developing which bodes well.
I just think Nesbitt for Pawlett would have sent a better message out and kept a foward momentum and Mcgrandles for Cisse . The other thing is all the dam injuries seems all season we've been hampered and a lot of them seem to be from the training ground . Is it WWE at Woughton on the Green

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:59 pm 

Allypally wrote:
pushed the wings backs on

We played with wingbacks? :?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Allypally wrote:

Is that a genuine question or a comment on their ineffectiveness?

I’m genuinely baffled.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:37 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Allypally wrote:

Is that a genuine question or a comment on their ineffectiveness?

I’m genuinely baffled.

No genuine. The game I watched we played a back four Lewie, Wootton, Williams, Brittain; with Tymon left midfield / winger and Pawlett right midfield / winger. It was only when McGrandles and EEL game with Cisse was moving to left wing did it become more fluid and started to breakdown; but for most of the match we played the normal 4-2-3-1.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm 
A back four?