THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pompey at home.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Going to be outnumbered at home for the second time in a couple of weeks then. Especially as there will no doubt be Pompey dotted around the MKD areas too.

I highly doubt they'll bring almost 8k and unless they do, the home end will have more bodies in it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Going to be outnumbered at home for the second time in a couple of weeks then. Especially as there will no doubt be Pompey dotted around the MKD areas too.

Thanks for letting me know.

It's ok...keeping you in the loop.

The point of my post is that it is a tad embarrassing don't you think ? Cannot recall the last time I heard, in any league, where there were more away fans than home. Obviously only happens at SMK because it can....if this was at the NHS for example, how many tickets would we have given Pompey....1000 max ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 pm 

Galverion wrote:

Err, they can pay on the day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 pm 

Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:

The point of my post is that it is a tad embarrassing don't you think ? Cannot recall the last time I heard, in any league, where there were more away fans than home. Obviously only happens at SMK because it can....if this was at the NHS for example, how many tickets would we have given Pompey....1000 max ?

Pompey would out number most clubs in league 1 if they had the space we have, so no I don't understand your point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:38 pm 

Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:

No. I'll tell you what's really embarrassing...

Luton in The Championship facing Sunderland at home in a game that could see the Wearsiders promoted. Sunderland obviously sell out their allocation and then turn to the black market and any means possible (hiring executive boxes, finding family members in the area who can buy in the home ends etc.). However, they were helped massively by Luton getting relegated the previous week and a huge number of season ticket holders deciding to cash in for £100 or so and give up their seat. Loads of Sunderland fans turn up without tickets and find it relatively easy to find a local willing to part with their ticket.

The lesson to be learned? Stop caring about what anyone else thinks. After all, you support MK Dons, FFS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
After all, you support MK Dons, FFS!

In Galverion's case that remains to be seen. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:

No. I'll tell you what's really embarrassing...

Luton in The Championship facing Sunderland at home in a game that could see the Wearsiders promoted. Sunderland obviously sell out their allocation and then turn to the black market and any means possible (hiring executive boxes, finding family members in the area who can buy in the home ends etc.). However, they were helped massively by Luton getting relegated the previous week and a huge number of season ticket holders deciding to cash in for £100 or so and give up their seat. Loads of Sunderland fans turn up without tickets and find it relatively easy to find a local willing to part with their ticket.

The lesson to be learned? Stop caring about what anyone else thinks. After all, you support MK Dons, FFS!

Yes yes yardy yardy yah.....but was I alone when on BBC MOTD FA Cup highlights, before the whole country, they stressed Coventry had more fans than us...at home too. I am not wishing to be overly-precious on this, as I totally get why this happens sometimes, but a part of me does cringe a bit. And a few others on TCR too based on comments made around the Cov game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:17 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Yeah, I am actually John Westwood.....(if you know who he is ReturnofMoo ?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:23 pm 

Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Yeah, I am actually John Westwood.....(if you know who he is ReturnofMoo ?)

Hard luck. Someone has to be I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:26 pm 

All a damn good reason for ending segregation. Then nobody would know, or even care.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next