THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:48 pm 

Bb56 wrote:
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:
Durham wont say MK Dons because he thinks the club should ditch the connection with Wimbledon. In a way I think he he right, its time to move on. This club is in Milton Keynes and has a whole new young generation of fans who know nothing of the old Wimbledon and want to support their local team. When I take my son to watch the games and dont tell him about Wimbledon and their history, to me MK Dons is a different team. What are the positives in keeping the name and connection to Wimbledon?

:roll:

I agree.
It's more than a decade since Wimbledon began playing home games in Milton Keynes.
It's time to move on.
Let's change our name to reflect our new home in Milton Keynes - something more positive about Milton Keynes itself, that all local residents and the whole new young generations of fans growing up in the city can really identify with.

With more than 174,000 students enrolled, including a significant proportion of new undergraduates aged under 25, the Open University and its 1,000+ academic & research staff and over 2,500 administrative, operational and support staff based at the 48-hectare university campus at Walton Hall in Milton Keynes, is the largest academic institution in the UK by student number, and also one of the world's largest universities.

Let's change our name to Milton Keynes Dons, and properly honour the excellent tutoring provided by Milton Keynes' own Open University dons, and the first class academic institution we have here on our doorstep... :D

I work at the OU and the football team and the OU are not related in the slightest and they shouldn't be that sounds like clutching at straws

Whoosh!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 am 

Bb56 wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:
Durham wont say MK Dons because he thinks the club should ditch the connection with Wimbledon. In a way I think he he right, its time to move on. This club is in Milton Keynes and has a whole new young generation of fans who know nothing of the old Wimbledon and want to support their local team. When I take my son to watch the games and dont tell him about Wimbledon and their history, to me MK Dons is a different team. What are the positives in keeping the name and connection to Wimbledon?

I agree.
It's more than a decade since Wimbledon began playing home games in Milton Keynes.
It's time to move on.
Let's change our name to reflect our new home in Milton Keynes - something more positive about Milton Keynes itself, that all local residents and the whole new young generations of fans growing up in the city can really identify with.

With more than 174,000 students enrolled, including a significant proportion of new undergraduates aged under 25, the Open University and its 1,000+ academic & research staff and over 2,500 administrative, operational and support staff based at the 48-hectare university campus at Walton Hall in Milton Keynes, is the largest academic institution in the UK by student number, and also one of the world's largest universities.

Let's change our name to Milton Keynes Dons, and properly honour the excellent tutoring provided by Milton Keynes' own Open University dons, and the first class academic institution we have here on our doorstep... :D

I work at the OU and the football team and the OU are not related in the slightest and they shouldn't be that sounds like clutching at straws

How can you say that,
* Both the establishment of the OU and the Football Team move to Milton Keynes was approved by committee
* People travel from all over the country to attend courses at the OU and to attend matches
* A large proportion of the students have ladybits, and a number of staff at the football club are ladybits (although this has been reduced in recent weeks)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am 

Bill wrote:
Bb56 wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

I agree.
It's time to move on.

How can you say that,
* Both the establishment of the OU and the Football Team move to Milton Keynes was approved by committee
* People travel from all over the country to attend courses at the OU and to attend matches
* A large proportion of the students have ladybits, and a number of staff at the football club are ladybits (although this has been reduced in recent weeks)

We also have a player called Ousseynou Cisse. If that isn't a connection, I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:57 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Bill wrote:
Bb56 wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

I agree.
It's time to move on.

How can you say that,

We also have a player called Ousseynou Cisse. If that isn't a connection, I don't know what is.

That's the other meaning of BBC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Bb56 wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

I agree.
It's time to move on.

Whoosh!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bloody hell Keyser, I’ve just spat a mouthful of tea all over my PC screen, now laughing my tits off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 am 

Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Bill wrote:
Bb56 wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

I agree.
It's time to move on.

How can you say that,

That's the other meaning of BBC.

And the OU works very closely with the BBC - QED.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8