THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 am 

Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I wonder if there are any studies correlating the overlapping of views of the "tight-arse Winkelman should spend some money on better players" camp and the "FFS I'm paying far too much for this level of shit football" camp. It would make a good Venn diagram. 8-)

I don't see him as a tight arse now he said we have lost £3 million in a year. However the appalling football played is a problem.

Yeah, I'm looking to see how that 3 million is reflected. It was immediately jumped on by some doom-mongerers that support our rivals as the first signs of impending liquidation ( :lol: ) but I think it was quite misleading to those that don't understand the set up here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I wonder if there are any studies correlating the overlapping of views of the "tight-arse Winkelman should spend some money on better players" camp and the "FFS I'm paying far too much for this level of shit football" camp. It would make a good Venn diagram. 8-)

I don't see him as a tight arse now he said we have lost £3 million in a year. However the appalling football played is a problem.

Yeah, I'm looking to see how that 3 million is reflected. It was immediately jumped on by some doom-mongerers that support our rivals as the first signs of impending liquidation ( :lol: ) but I think it was quite misleading to those that don't understand the set up here.

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 pm 

Russybcool wrote:

I am guessing paying off the contracts of Neilson and the two loans (I am guessing compensation may have been given for them, but I don't know how the loan system works). Couple that with less attendances and the stupid amount we pay agents (IIRC we spend a lot on agents fees) it all adds up. Plus the training ground stuff must be costing a fair bit (both in money and hair loss due to stress!).

How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

We'll only start spending money once either of them get planning permission.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:31 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

How do you figure that?

We bought the land at Cosgrove for cash at the time. That and asking an architect to draw up the plans seem to have been our only outlay in respect of Cosgrove, and nothing appears to have been spent on the Tickford Farm site.

So you think getting planning permission does not cost anything ! Oh boy !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

How do you figure that?

We haven't actually submitted a planning permission request yet have we?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

How do you figure that?

Yes, several for both sites.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm 

donmentor wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

How do you figure that?

I seem to remember that it was an environmental audit and to see if planning permission was required, not an actual submission.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

How do you figure that?

I seem to remember that it was an environmental audit and to see if planning permission was required, not an actual submission.

Surely that would still cost money. I know a geologist and her company charge a fair whack for a site survey. Even so it all adds up regardless of what we paid cash for or not, but compensation has to be the main factor in it.