THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:14 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 463
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2


We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.


As a Wimbledon fan from the 90's that's all we used to see. Elegant football. Majestic even!


The game has moved on since then.


I haven't. I am stuck in 1995 where there were only 4 channels and all this were fields and Milton Keynes didn't have a professional football club.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Posts: 402
dons50 wrote:

The game has moved on since then.


Not with the fans it's not...

I honestly think half the problem with people not accepting these "new-fangled" concepts like wingers who don't run down the wing, strikers who drop deep to collect the ball or play with their back to goal, midfielders who know that shooting from 30 yards is a waste and full backs who don't do an awful lot of defending is down to the bad coaching and instructions they received from the sidelines as kids (the last time many of us actually played the game!) I hear things shouted at s:mk I haven't heard since the days of playing on the Radcliffe playing fields.

Karl Robinson gave a great bit of advise for parents of young kids playing the game in his wife's free magazine last week; shut up and let the coaches coach.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am
Posts: 1034
Camdenite wrote:
...since the days of playing on the Radcliffe playing fields.

Admit it. You played Total Hoofball.

_________________
I don't need your ill-informed, half-baked, idiotic opinions. I have plenty of those myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:12 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 749
keyser soze wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
...since the days of playing on the Radcliffe playing fields.

Admit it. You played Total Hoofball.


Me too.

Do as I say...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am
Posts: 1034
dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
...since the days of playing on the Radcliffe playing fields.

Admit it. You played Total Hoofball.


Me too.

Do as I say...

:D

_________________
I don't need your ill-informed, half-baked, idiotic opinions. I have plenty of those myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: 1978/79
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2


We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.


As a Wimbledon fan from the 90's that's all we used to see. Elegant football. Majestic even!


The game has moved on since then.


I haven't. I am stuck in 1995 where there were only 4 channels and all this were fields and Milton Keynes didn't have a professional football club.

Ah. Those were the days. :ugeek: :ugeek:
(Although the pubs shut in the afternoon :( :( )

_________________
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alby, Bing [Bot], dons50, Eagledon


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group