THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Season Ticket Renewal
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:14 pm 

As this will be on us very soon now, I was wondering if there are likely to be two price structures.

It's all well and good offering supporters the same price when we have a chance of going up but this is different

I'm not expecting any late changes to what is going to be offered as I suspect things were sorted weeks ago so that printing can happen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 pm 

bigpaul101 wrote:
As this will be on us very soon now, I was wondering if there are likely to be two price structures.

It's all well and good offering supporters the same price when we have a chance of going up but this is different

I'm not expecting any late changes to what is going to be offered as I suspect things were sorted weeks ago so that printing can happen

Probably one for 2018-19 League 2 and one for 2019-20 for the Evo-Stick Southern Superglue League or whatever it's called. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:34 pm 

I'm still paying Championship early bird prices, I will be astounded if that stays the same for our upcoming L2 jaunt.

If it does, I will still pay it in the hope it contributes towards a solid budget, but wow....the same price to see Sheffield Wednesday and Morecambe. (No offence Morecambe)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 pm 

need to drop the price if we go down

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:31 am 

MK Jack wrote:

It’s already low.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:36 am 

dons50 wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

It’s already low.

No it isn't. We have the 18th lowest price this season according to the BBC. That means there are 17 lower than us. How is that low compared to other league 1 clubs? That means there are only 6 higher than us. Think before you speak.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:40 am 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

It’s already low.

No it isn't. We have the 18th lowest price this season according to the BBC. That means there are 17 lower than us. How is that low compared to other league 1 clubs? That means there are only 6 higher than us. Think before you speak.

It’s still low in absolute terms. Football fans always moan that their clubs aren’t spending enough and that ticket prices are too high.

An MK Dons season ticket is very good value.

Thanks for the tip, I thought very carefully before I posted that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 am 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

It’s already low.

It’s still low in absolute terms. Football fans always moan that their clubs aren’t spending enough and that ticket prices are too high.

An MK Dons season ticket is very good value.

Thanks for the tip, I thought very carefully before I posted that.

FFS "absolute terms". We are not talking about compared to the Emirates where is nearly a grand for their cheapest tickets. We are talking league one, maybe league two football. We are still bottom third for cost and as for entertainment. I am sure we would be in the bottom two.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 am 

I wonder if there are any studies correlating the overlapping of views of the "tight-arse Winkelman should spend some money on better players" camp and the "FFS I'm paying far too much for this level of shit football" camp. It would make a good Venn diagram. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:53 am 

keyser soze wrote:
I wonder if there are any studies correlating the overlapping of views of the "tight-arse Winkelman should spend some money on better players" camp and the "FFS I'm paying far too much for this level of shit football" camp. It would make a good Venn diagram. 8-)

I don't see him as a tight arse now he said we have lost £3 million in a year. However the appalling football played is a problem.