THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm 

1. As much as I like attractive attacking football there is a time and place for it. At the moment and position we currently occupy I would take any kind of football to get a win. Playing the MK way is currently not workiing because the players are low in confidence.

2. Also why did the club allow Coventry bring over 8000 fans. To them it was like a home game and gave their team a playing at home feeling especially after they scored. If the money for this was to go towards the team then fine but it doesn't appear to be. It would also appear that Portsmouth have been given 6000 tickets. Why?

3. DM appears to have got into the Robbo, Robbie mode already with some of his post match interviews. His last one made me laugh by saying "we have goal scorers all over the team". If this Is caae is there any chance we can play them then.

The End

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:30 pm 

On the second point: the club does, and always has, run at an operating loss of around £2million a year. We are not in a position to turn down tens of thousands of pounds from away fans that have got Universal Credit payments burning holes in their Stone Islands.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:38 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
On the second point: the club does, and always has, run at an operating loss of around £2million a year. We are not in a position to turn down tens of thousands of pounds from away fans that have got Universal Credit payments burning holes in their Stone Islands.

Of course you are right. But it does clearly have an affect on our results. I would be interested in seeing a comparison on results when these armies of away fans are invited. I can think of a few wins, but definitely more defeats.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm 

I don’t feel comfortable with turning paying customers away if the stadium isn’t full.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:25 pm 

Jesus Christ we are already talking about how our football isn’t working 2 minutes into a new reign especially when 5 minutes ago we were asking for better football. Fucking he’ll.

As for post match interviews. He’s had two. TWO. Fuck me i dispair.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:57 pm 

Alby wrote:
Jesus Christ we are already talking about how our football isn’t working 2 minutes into a new reign especially when 5 minutes ago we were asking for better football. Fucking he’ll.

As for post match interviews. He’s had two. TWO. Fuck me i dispair.

This

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:31 pm 

HighamDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

As for post match interviews. He’s had two. TWO. Fuck me i despair.

This

I instinctively turn it up to 11 now but Dan is too loud. Can't he whisper his interviews?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:41 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

If we were to get 100% of the money I would agree with you, but we didn't. Problem is the less tickets we give them, the more of them would be in the home end. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Of course you are right. But it does clearly have an affect on our results. I would be interested in seeing a comparison on results when these armies of away fans are invited. I can think of a few wins, but definitely more defeats.

Better start gearing up for more disappointment on Saturday then ;) Pompey have already sold about 6,000 tickets.
Wonder if we’ll see Carl Baker at the game, he was at the Coventry game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 am 

leodon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Wonder if we’ll see Carl Baker at the game, he was at the Coventry game.

In the home or away end and did he cheer when Coventry scored? :lol: