THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:06 pm 
The main positive from any relegation is the clearout of the fan base - all of the “I’m not coming any more” tend to stop coming, and there tends to be a fairly strong correlation between them and the negative boo-brigade.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 pm 

I sill maintain that there are so many poor teams in the league, that it is easy for any of the lower positioned teams to go on a good run and pull themselves to safety well before the end of the season. The good news is that team might be us, the bad news is that it could be any of the other lower teams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:22 pm 

I take the it may be shite but its our shite view and nothing will stop me from renewing my season ticket but paying £68 per month plus away games must mean you are entitled to put your argument across.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm 

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
We will not get anywhere by our constant trial of total football playing it out from the back. We can't do it our players are not good enough. One weak link in the chain and it falls apart. How many times have we conceded goals trying to do it this season. Yesterday was another example. They can't score if its in their half of the pitch. Get it wide and get it in the box. If its put in the opposition box 30 times it stands to reason that you will have a better chance of scoring than the 4 or 5 times we get it in now. Strikers are having to complete 50% of their efforts to score a goal off of a couple of chances.

I think you've found something. Go and tell all the top coaches, you could be their adviser.

Dons50 in Sarcasm shock :o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:43 pm 

barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2

We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

There’s a reason for that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am 

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:
OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2

We didn’t use the same system with the last three managers. Maybe I was a bit sarky, I’m sorry for that, but no successful manager in football these days would promote the pumping of balls into the box.

As a Wimbledon fan from the 90's that's all we used to see. Elegant football. Majestic even!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:04 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:

As a Wimbledon fan from the 90's that's all we used to see. Elegant football. Majestic even!

The game has moved on since then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:

I haven't. I am stuck in 1995 where there were only 4 channels and all this were fields and Milton Keynes didn't have a professional football club.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 pm 

dons50 wrote:

Not with the fans it's not...

I honestly think half the problem with people not accepting these "new-fangled" concepts like wingers who don't run down the wing, strikers who drop deep to collect the ball or play with their back to goal, midfielders who know that shooting from 30 yards is a waste and full backs who don't do an awful lot of defending is down to the bad coaching and instructions they received from the sidelines as kids (the last time many of us actually played the game!) I hear things shouted at s:mk I haven't heard since the days of playing on the Radcliffe playing fields.

Karl Robinson gave a great bit of advise for parents of young kids playing the game in his wife's free magazine last week; shut up and let the coaches coach.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:47 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
...since the days of playing on the Radcliffe playing fields.

Admit it. You played Total Hoofball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next