THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 pm 

I seriously think some people here are so desperate for a promotion party like in 2015 that they’ll take relegation in order to get one again.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:16 pm 

Alby wrote:
I seriously think some people here are so desperate for a promotion party like in 2015 that they’ll take relegation in order to get one again.

I feel it is just people trying to rationalised what would be a stark and shit reality. I dont want to believe that people want us to go down but at the moment I dont see how we get out of the hole we dug ourselves. Bad managememt for three years (more if you count how long we have been waiting for the training ground). People make mistakes but sometimes the only way people learn is to lose what they had

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:25 pm 

SW4don wrote:
People seem to assume that going to league 2 would automatically mean we would come up straight away. We would lose our best players and only be able to sign shit ones. The football will be shit, crowds would be well down, it will be a disaster all round. Can’t believe people think that going down will be a good thing.

Not saying it's a good thing. Just that it's going to happen. I can see it and I've accepted it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:30 pm 

If it happens it happens. If it doesn’t it doesn’t. Either way it’s been an appalling season. We are now in a situation we have to accept we are only going to be in a relegation battle and that’s it. Nothing more nothing less.

If we go down I’ll be as excited for League Two as League One. I’ll be there cheering my side on like it’s nothing new.

If it’s League One, more of the same.

We will be in deep trouble financially if we go down and it could take 5 years to repair us. Don’t think going down would be good because we’d win more games. We’d sign League Two players with no guarantees over how good they are.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:11 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
hyper wrote:
League two might be beyond us the way we are currently playing.

Another relegation down to the conference will help.

As you said on another thread, the majority of this squad will move on. So we should be ok.

During our 3 season decline virtually everyone has left and been replaced this has led to a declining spiral of results which you believe will lead us to league two for next season. Just explain clearly to me why you have confidence the club will replace the current set of players with a better set when our budget will be lower, we will be playing in league two and the same senior management structure will be in place?

So any club in a spiral of decline is doomed to it forever? Fortunes change and it's not absurd to think that the current senior management can get it right. They have done in the past.

Yes the budget will drop, but we will still be in the top echelons in the league on that front, as obviously the competitors budgets won't be as high either. It just needs to be used to a better effect, kind of like it was pre 2016.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm 

Alby wrote:
If it happens it happens. If it doesn’t it doesn’t. Either way it’s been an appalling season. We are now in a situation we have to accept we are only going to be in a relegation battle and that’s it. Nothing more nothing less.

If we go down I’ll be as excited for League Two as League One. I’ll be there cheering my side on like it’s nothing new.

If it’s League One, more of the same.

We will be in deep trouble financially if we go down and it could take 5 years to repair us. Don’t think going down would be good because we’d win more games. We’d sign League Two players with no guarantees over how good they are.

Good post.

Although I'm sceptical of the financial doomsday scenario. I still think we have a hard-core now that will still turn out for League 2.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm 

I don’t think we will have as dramatic a drop as people think, but I know of certain people who wouldn’t turn up to watch us play Morecambe and that’s frustrating.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:18 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:

I feel it is just people trying to rationalised what would be a stark and shit reality. I dont want to believe that people want us to go down but at the moment I dont see how we get out of the hole we dug ourselves. Bad managememt for three years (more if you count how long we have been waiting for the training ground). People make mistakes but sometimes the only way people learn is to lose what they had

The training ground needs to be discounted quite frankly. It's not bad management when you are entering into the world of politics, its a complete minefield....as we have seen with both sites.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:21 pm 

Right, first off, it would be of no benefit to go down whatsoever.

Absolutely no guarantee we’d bounce straight back, or dominate league 2.

That sort of crap was being spouted when we dropped out of the championship, look what happened!
We need a massive effort to stay in league one, we need to play our part and turn up and support the team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:42 pm 

OK Dons 50. You seem like a smart chap you will be able to tell me the teams that have tried the same failing system for the last three managers and have been successful persevering while dropping down the leagues as we seem to be doing. I suppose if pep or Jose started coaching a system that did not work for their team they would be well in demand as they slipped into league 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next