THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 am 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE & REVIEWWALSALL
For the record, I don’t blame Dan the Man, he’s been given the task of turning around a slowly sinking oil tanker heading for the rocks, the wheelhouse is locked, and the crew are nowhere to be seen, and its going to be a while yet before we can determine if he has the ability, the problem is, time is running out.

The disappointing news for Dons fans this week was that the strike force, and I use that term very loosely, was not to be added to, Sow, apparently the best striker Robbie Neilson ever worked with, is appallingly bad, Agard after a brief spell of knocking then in, has gone cold, too early to say about Ugboots, and Muirhead, who in honesty, and I’m not his biggest fan, looked about the best of a poor bunch yesterday.

Now its easy to blame the strikers for lack of goals, but the service they got yesterday was largely bloody terrible, how anyone can give Upson a MOTM award defeats me, for all the good work he does, the number of passes to the frontline that went astray yesterday was incredible, and his penchant for passing the ball to our players that are tightly marked is incredible. Gilbey and McGrandles were also guilty but I’m afraid Upson was in a league of his own yesterday and not for the first time, as our front men lived off a starvation diet.............now before you go off on one, I’m not saying they would score, but for gods sake given them something to work with.

The upshot of yesterday is we now have 17 games to save the season for want of a better term, and it’s not long since many said its only halfway through the season, there’s no panic, and you may argue the same now, but for those with a nervous disposition I suggest you don’t look at the remaining fixtures too hard, you may have nightmares, and you may also struggle to see where the points are going to come from based on what we have seen so far.

Whilst I’m always upbeat on my away day travels, and I always give my fullest support, I’ve decided lately the best policy is to smile and laugh whilst the game unfolds, it’s a way of dealing with things, but I fear by the time we get to the last few games my laughter could become hysterical.

All we can do is keep supporting the team, and yesterday its was pretty good, there were a few boos at the end, but I don’t blame people for that, they gave their support during the game, and are entitled to show their disappointment.

On the horizon we have Portsmouth, lose that one and all of a sudden, our destiny could well be out of our hands, still plenty of time to save ourselves you might think, but I’m fairly sure I heard many say that when we were slipping down the Championship, and please never say we are too good to go down, in honesty we look pretty capable of managing that feat.

Looking at the APL, many predicting a new dawn, means light work in the APL office, with over 40 predictions and just 7 got amongst the points. Greg and TomMac&Ernie were the main point winners this week on 7 points, as nobody predicted a 1-0 to Walsall.
There were just 30 points scored for this game.

Next week we have Game 30 which means its a DOUBLE BUBBLE game, all points won will be doubled, so make sure you make a prediction with a possible maximum of 30 points on offer, and 20 points if you just predict the first Dons Goalscorer.

Bye 4 Now.

8-) WellDon

The APL Hall of Fame
3 – MK59DON
2 – Southstander, Camdenite, Blodwyn, Scribble
1 – BertieWoostersDonsClub, mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, Dazzerdon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Peterr, Greg, APMKDon, Steampunk Don, Oldfarmdons, Fraser, FilthyDon

APL League Table 2017/18

107 POINTS - Scribble
97 POINTS – Southstander
96 POINTS – Camdenite
92 POINTS - SG19 Cowshed das Boot
91 POINTS – SteelbackDon
79 POINTS - Nobbydon
76 POINTS – Sparky
70 POINTS – FilthyDon
66 POINTS - Greg
64 POINTS – Bill, Just A Don
62 POINTS – kempstondons6, Bloxham Don
61 POINTS – MK59DON, Woburn
59 POINTS – BertieWoostersDonsClub
56 POINTS – Fraser, familymkdonsfan
52 POINTS – epdon, Oldfarmdons, mightydons
50 POINTS - donnette
49 POINTS – Blodwyn, silverous
48 POINTS – OldStratfordDon, ChaChaDon
43 POINTS – D8DON
42 POINTS – TomMac&Ernie
40 POINTS – chrisdon, Dons50
39 POINTS – mkdonsdan4
37 POINTS – Don gal, APMKDon
32 POINTS – edmundpwb, WellDon
31 POINTS – Oldbloke, Bearhidesboy64
30 POINTS – Bex’s Dad, Third Team Lucky, DonsDuck
29 POINTS – OakeeDokee
28 POINTS – Dazzerdon, RussybCool
27 POINTS – Dunstable Don, Steampunk Don
26 POINTS – Kowalski
25 POINTS – Concretecowbelle
24 POINTS – BuzzardDon, Oldbloke
23 POINTS – Grundit
22 POINTS – Peterr
20 POINTS – leodon
16 POINTS – JackDon
15 POINTS – Matthew
14 POINTS – Scumarmy, Alby
11 POINTS – Locutus
10 POINTS – Croydon, donmentor
9 POINTS – yorkie, MBenn90455, MKAylesburyDon, Zippy
8 POINTS – Cheffy1
7 POINTS – ExtraTime, MKBuffalo
6 POINTS – Dad_of_A _Don
4 POINTS – Zameen, Ten-Don, Adebayo Akinfenwa
2 POINTS – BetterCallSaul, DippyDon, Abritt 6564

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:56 am 

Not surprised I didn’t score any points this week, I realised in the middle of the first half as I was moaning to you that Upson had just passed the ball to the opposite side for the 3rd time in 10 touches that I had forgotten to do my prediction

I know how DM feels now, sent out a forward line and watching 90 minutes knowing you are not going to score any points