THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am 

barry wrote:
We will not get anywhere by our constant trial of total football playing it out from the back. We can't do it our players are not good enough. One weak link in the chain and it falls apart. How many times have we conceded goals trying to do it this season. Yesterday was another example. They can't score if its in their half of the pitch. Get it wide and get it in the box. If its put in the opposition box 30 times it stands to reason that you will have a better chance of scoring than the 4 or 5 times we get it in now. Strikers are having to complete 50% of their efforts to score a goal off of a couple of chances.

Where's Dons50 when we need him? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:56 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
It will probably be better than staying up and having another season like this in L1.

The fire sale of our supposedly 'good' squad would also be beneficial. We have some utterly useless top earners at the moment.

I don't actually think the crowds would drift much from our hard-core 7.5k. Main difference would be the away numbers.

I'm ready to embrace it.

Think you’re looking through rose tinted glasses tbh, if this was our first bad season I might agree with you but it’s our third on the trot, in the end it gets people down. I would expect season ticket sales to be down by a couple of thousand without all the pay on the day people staying away until the see if it’s worth bothering coming back. Our best players would leave for F.A. In terms of transfer payments. We can only guess what effect it will have on our sponsors.

I think you are looking through your usual doom specs.

Season ticket sales were UP after 2 bad seasons. Now it's likely they would dip, but generally our attendances have been constant over the last few years, that will be down to a hard-core of support that should stick through thick and thin.

We have some saleable assets. On decent length contracts, most of these players should command a solid fee. (Thinking Aneke, Gilbey and possibly Agard) Thanks to their past alone!

Sponsor deal with Suzuki is up this summer. I've no idea if the price is the price dependent on what league you are in. Deal was renewed as we came down from the Championship.

You are assuming they don’t have relegation clauses in their contracts, it’s a well known fact that when a club gets relegated the good players are sold for way less than they would be.

There are no good players in this lot. We will be looking to get rid of the high wage wastrels, the bigger problem will be no one wants the underachieving ladybits.

Such is our arrogance with L1, I would wager a bet most of them don't have such clauses. Would say it's more popular and likely higher up the league system.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:25 pm 

barry wrote:
We will not get anywhere by our constant trial of total football playing it out from the back. We can't do it our players are not good enough. One weak link in the chain and it falls apart. How many times have we conceded goals trying to do it this season. Yesterday was another example. They can't score if its in their half of the pitch. Get it wide and get it in the box. If its put in the opposition box 30 times it stands to reason that you will have a better chance of scoring than the 4 or 5 times we get it in now. Strikers are having to complete 50% of their efforts to score a goal off of a couple of chances.

I think you've found something. Go and tell all the top coaches, you could be their adviser.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 pm 

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:

I think you've found something. Go and tell all the top coaches, you could be their adviser.

Yeah that’s constructive as usual :roll: tell us what you would do? Bit more passing maybe, more possession , never mind about the goals

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:38 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:

Yeah that’s constructive as usual :roll: tell us what you would do? Bit more passing maybe, more possession , never mind about the goals

Dan's doing the right thing. Give him time, it will come.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:

Dan's doing the right thing. Give him time, it will come.

I have no problem giving him time, I am happy he is manager and wants to get us playing nice football but at the moment we are staring at relegation, we have to be more positive about going forward and create chances.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:07 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
hyper wrote:
League two might be beyond us the way we are currently playing.

Another relegation down to the conference will help.

As you said on another thread, the majority of this squad will move on. So we should be ok.

During our 3 season decline virtually everyone has left and been replaced this has led to a declining spiral of results which you believe will lead us to league two for next season. Just explain clearly to me why you have confidence the club will replace the current set of players with a better set when our budget will be lower, we will be playing in league two and the same senior management structure will be in place?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:16 pm 
Towcestrian wrote:
Sponsor deal with Suzuki is up this summer. I've no idea if the price is the price dependent on what league you are in. Deal was renewed as we came down from the Championship.

I think our sponsor deal with Suzuki runs until the end of 2018/19. It's our deal with Errea as kit supplier that ends this summer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 pm 

People seem to assume that going to league 2 would automatically mean we would come up straight away. We would lose our best players and only be able to sign shit ones. The football will be shit, crowds would be well down, it will be a disaster all round. Can’t believe people think that going down will be a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:51 pm 

dons50 wrote:
barry wrote:

Not productive to shoot people down like that. Your sarcastic approaches are a bit pathetic. He is only giving his view. Ffs grow up. Your supposed to be one of the older ones who has "seen it all". Act your age.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next