THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
It will probably be better than staying up and having another season like this in L1.

The fire sale of our supposedly 'good' squad would also be beneficial. We have some utterly useless top earners at the moment.

I don't actually think the crowds would drift much from our hard-core 7.5k. Main difference would be the away numbers.

I'm ready to embrace it.

Think you’re looking through rose tinted glasses tbh, if this was our first bad season I might agree with you but it’s our third on the trot, in the end it gets people down. I would expect season ticket sales to be down by a couple of thousand without all the pay on the day people staying away until the see if it’s worth bothering coming back. Our best players would leave for F.A. In terms of transfer payments. We can only guess what effect it will have on our sponsors.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 am 

Hugo wrote:
If we do go down to league two , who is to blame for this disaster,

Brexit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am 

Gridsy wrote:
Hugo wrote:
If we do go down to league two , who is to blame for this disaster,

Brexit

I do like playing the blame game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
It will probably be better than staying up and having another season like this in L1.

The fire sale of our supposedly 'good' squad would also be beneficial. We have some utterly useless top earners at the moment.

I don't actually think the crowds would drift much from our hard-core 7.5k. Main difference would be the away numbers.

I'm ready to embrace it.

Think you’re looking through rose tinted glasses tbh, if this was our first bad season I might agree with you but it’s our third on the trot, in the end it gets people down. I would expect season ticket sales to be down by a couple of thousand without all the pay on the day people staying away until the see if it’s worth bothering coming back. Our best players would leave for F.A. In terms of transfer payments. We can only guess what effect it will have on our sponsors.

Now that is a very pertinent observation. :ugeek:
(The collapse in finance will further delay the koi carp pools and coloured light fountains outside Gate 6 :( )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:03 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I'm ready to embrace it.

I think you are looking through your usual doom specs.

Season ticket sales were UP after 2 bad seasons. Now it's likely they would dip, but generally our attendances have been constant over the last few years, that will be down to a hard-core of support that should stick through thick and thin.

We have some saleable assets. On decent length contracts, most of these players should command a solid fee. (Thinking Aneke, Gilbey and possibly Agard) Thanks to their past alone!

Sponsor deal with Suzuki is up this summer. I've no idea if the price is the price dependent on what league you are in. Deal was renewed as we came down from the Championship.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:13 am 

League two might be beyond us the way we are currently playing.

Another relegation down to the conference will help.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 am 

hyper wrote:
League two might be beyond us the way we are currently playing.

Another relegation down to the conference will help.

As you said on another thread, the majority of this squad will move on. So we should be ok.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:26 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I'm ready to embrace it.

Season ticket sales were UP after 2 bad seasons. Now it's likely they would dip, but generally our attendances have been constant over the last few years, that will be down to a hard-core of support that should stick through thick and thin.

We have some saleable assets. On decent length contracts, most of these players should command a solid fee. (Thinking Aneke, Gilbey and possibly Agard) Thanks to their past alone!

Sponsor deal with Suzuki is up this summer. I've no idea if the price is the price dependent on what league you are in. Deal was renewed as we came down from the Championship.

My usual doom specs :lol: dear god! I’m as optimistic as the next person at the start of every season but if it’s shit i’ll Say it’s shit, if it’s good it’s Say it’s good. Please tell me what I have missed over the last three years to make me think that we haven’t been shit? If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck its usually a duck. I know you have no problem with being relegated, we have had this conversation quite a few times before but there’s quite a lot of people that don’t want it, me being one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I'm ready to embrace it.

You are assuming they don’t have relegation clauses in their contracts, it’s a well known fact that when a club gets relegated the good players are sold for way less than they would be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:33 am 

We will not get anywhere by our constant trial of total football playing it out from the back. We can't do it our players are not good enough. One weak link in the chain and it falls apart. How many times have we conceded goals trying to do it this season. Yesterday was another example. They can't score if its in their half of the pitch. Get it wide and get it in the box. If its put in the opposition box 30 times it stands to reason that you will have a better chance of scoring than the 4 or 5 times we get it in now. Strikers are having to complete 50% of their efforts to score a goal off of a couple of chances.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next