THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 pm 

Henry Cluney wrote:
Hugo wrote:
If we do go down to league two , who is to blame for this disaster,

Margaret Thatcher

Pete Winkelman. Spent ages making a decision when Robinson left, then got the wrong guy, then didn't have the balls to get rid of him until the damage was done, and then opted for youth and inexperience over somebody who'd cost more but has a track record of keeping teams up/getting them promoted.

Obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 pm 

After today's performance, we are going down. Just get used to it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:53 pm 

If we go down, we will have to dust ourselves and go again. Hopefully we'll return to winning ways.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:08 am 

Is the op fucking serious?!?!?!
Relegation would be catastrophic financially!
You'd see regular crowds of 6k for a start

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:11 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Hugo wrote:
If Dan turns this around, he deserves a medal, lack of goals , are killing us, maybe when we get chucks back it might help, but if we want to stay up, then we want sow, Agard and ugbo to score goals.

No he doesn't. When we sacked Neilson, we had only just dropped into the relegation zone with 18 games left and a squad that was deemed to be well underachieving and good enough to avoid relegation. Most managers would have backed themselves to keep the club up in those circumstances.
As for lack of goals: We should have signed a striker in the last week of the window but Dan said there was no need to as the ones he had were good enough if coached correctly. So he has no excuses there. He has to deliver what he said they need - good coaching - and the goals should apparently arrive.

Micciche is a yes man, that's why he was offered the job.
Strikers cost money and the manager wouldn't be rocking the boat by asking for one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am 

SwanDonOne wrote:
Henry Cluney wrote:
Hugo wrote:
If we do go down to league two , who is to blame for this disaster,

Margaret Thatcher

Pete Winkelman. Spent ages making a decision when Robinson left, then got the wrong guy, then didn't have the balls to get rid of him until the damage was done, and then opted for youth and inexperience over somebody who'd cost more but has a track record of keeping teams up/getting them promoted.

Obvious.

This!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:15 am 

Hugo wrote:
Starting at the bottom again , might do us good, Dan can start from scratch and build us up for promotion , and build momentum, if we are doing well in league two , the crowds will not be far off what they are now, don't want it to happen, but can't see any way out now, just hope we don't struggle in league two, how as it come to this , two years ago in August we were top of the championship, look where we are now, I am gutted.

I have said this before on here, but I saw exactly the same process of thought at Sunderland last season: "maybe relegation will help, start again, etc". Its the bargaining stage of grief.

Never underestimate how shit relegation would be. While I agree that it would not be fatal for the club (as the next one might be for Sunderland), it would certainly not have a positive spin. And League Two is not "the bottom" - just ask Leyton Orient.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:06 am 

I dont think there is one particular reason we find ourselves in this position but a culmination of factors
Never replacing andy king
Robbo believing 4 2 3 1 is the only formation to play even if we dont have the players to do so.
RN man management clearly an issue with number of players.
Who recruited all the scots sow in particular.
Recruiting players with injury problems.
Letting potter go last season not replacing him with same quality.
I could go on but hope somehow we can turn it round

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:16 am 

No good whatsoever imo, will cost us dearly for a few years in terms of financies and support. Everyone seems to think that if we go down (and i can’t see any other option) that we will come straight back up and be stronger. In reality we could be down there for a few years. We certainly won’t have players like chuks aneke. Cannot think of anything worse in regards to football.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:29 am 

It will probably be better than staying up and having another season like this in L1.

The fire sale of our supposedly 'good' squad would also be beneficial. We have some utterly useless top earners at the moment.

I don't actually think the crowds would drift much from our hard-core 7.5k. Main difference would be the away numbers.

I'm ready to embrace it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next