THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 pm 

Don927 wrote:
How many penalties did Bowditch save?

The only think Revell did for the dons was saving that penalty, the sad thing is that's the only thing i want to remember from that season.

Revell came back and scored one or two against us and celebrated (it hurt but I wouldn't necessarily have a go at him for that!). He had quality but we didn't bring it out of him for whatever reason. Bowditch is past it. I don't mean that to sound so brutal as I think he's possibly the nicest footballer I met and my eldest son loved him (we have his old trainers in our loft as he still won't let us throw them away - they are those horrible black ones, not even fancy signed football boots!).

He wasn't good enough for us, now he's not good enough for Northampton, we can't afford to keep people around for sentimentality. It seems Revell isn't the star he first seemed to be for Northampton either as he's going the same route but I think he has had injuries. We need to be going up the food chain of players, not down. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:06 am 

I think bowditch still could’ve done alright as a squad player. And a squad player at best. Basing what he’s done at Cobblers in the kids the of a managerial change isn’t fair either. We don’t know the circumstances.

Bowditch is one of the most under appreciated players we’ve ever had. Think people give him too rough a time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 am 

Alby wrote:
I think bowditch still could’ve done alright as a squad player. And a squad player at best. Basing what he’s done at Cobblers in the kids the of a managerial change isn’t fair either. We don’t know the circumstances.

Bowditch is one of the most under appreciated players we’ve ever had. Think people give him too rough a time.

Definitely this. He was never one to stand out, but he did the simple things well, and had the intelligence to know what the right thing to do was in most situations. He was getting on a bit and wouldn't be starting every game, but I'd definitely love to have kept him round the team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:23 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Bowditch has not been the same since his injury 2 or 3 years ago.

This.

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92