THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jacob Hendry*
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am 

That young chap has just signed for Celtic. What a move. Pleased for him and glad he has got a move like that.

Also, regarding Scottish football, two keepers we and Robbie Neilson were linked with when Martin left have made moves. Scott Bain (who was on loan at Hibernian) has signed for Celtic on loan, and Cammy Bell has filled that void at Hibs and signed there on a short term deal.

.. and finally, Scott Allan had signed for Hibs again. Remember him?

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am 

Jack?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 pm 
Well done him, but he really wasn't anything special here and it seems he wasn't wanted at Wigan either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:16 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Jack?

Typo.

And yeah filthy he wasn’t all that here but clearly has something about him.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:59 am 

Nah. Don't remember him at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:00 am 

Why would he have chosen us over Dundee? He’s from Scotland, and wasn’t wanted by Neilson. Highly doubt he’d choose us, and probably sitting on the bench over Dundee, a top tier Scottish side where he was probably going to get first team football.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:09 am 

He was a disaster for us. It says a lot about Scottish football unless he is a quick learner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 am 

I highly doubt we’d have beaten Dundee to him if he wasn’t going to get first team football. Regardless of wha tpsople think of the level up there, the fact is it’s a top tier in a country - with two major cups to win and semi finals at Hampden Park twice a season, plus the likelihood of playing for Rangers or Celtic if things go well at your club (as it’s proven) or failing that a European place if you finish high enough in the League or get to a Cup final.

Trust me, if it were down to me last season to choose between a side I’d already been at and not done great at, or play in my home country and get first team football I’d be choosing the latter.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:22 pm 

Look we could argue for days on this, about EEL its about hindsight but he was a good signin. 8/9 months ago to most people on here. I doubt Hendry was even in the question. And probably rightly so because I don’t think he’d have done any better under that clown in charge of us.

Regardless how many players come down and play for League One clubs I still don’t think Jack Hendry would’ve chosen us last Summer given the fact the manager didn’t rate him and clearly wouldn’t have played him. So we didn’t go for the wrong guy because it’s have been a wasted choice.

And he’s i seriously do believe there is more in playing for Dundee at the minute Han playing for someone like MK Dons in the relegation scraps of League One. I’m saying overall if last summer it were down to me and I’d been told no by a certain gaffer once and he wanted me back as a squad player I’d laugh my way to going to a club in my home country with more routes into being a regular and getting a career. I don’t see the joy in being a squad player in League One over being a first team regular in the SPL.

Apparently.

UTF

Post subject: Jack Hendry*
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 pm 
Being a bellend goading England and taking the piss out of the result, getting ripped apart by Dons fans (and England fans) and then deleting his tweet.

Priceless.

:lol:

He was average at best for us, doesn't deserve to be playing where he is.