THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: If that is it then.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:55 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
According to Pete O'Rourke a "mystery" league one club have bid for Devante Cole. Who could it be?
Got a good idea who it isn't.

Wobblers perhaps. They have bought about 50 defenders.

They don't need attackers. They have Daniel Powell and Dean Bowditch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 pm 

and Bowditch may be off-loaded today.

Confirmed - to St. Evenage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:32 am 

Peterborough signed Omar Bogle on loan from Cardiff late on deadline day. Would have liked him a lot.
Can't help but feel that a striker like that would have been a better sixth loan signing than an injured Golbourne. ;)

Incidentally, there's also a football league striker called Omar Bugiel (Forest Green), and a CB called Omar Beckles (Shrewsbury).
Omar Goodness that's interesting.
Omar God, just had an idea: if we got all three we could have a starting line up that reads:
Omar Bogle, Omar Bugiel, Omar Beckles.
Sounds like an old man's euphemistic complaints for his ailments. :)

I blame your mother.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:36 am 

My full name is Lord Omar Willy Doogle if that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Nombe and BTA have impressed me the most this season. I'd rather play them.

I saw big improvements last Saturday and we are only 3 points adrift (with 2 games in hand and we won't lose both) so I will be very suprised if we can't stay up with the current squad with a new coaching regime. Better coaching not players is what we need now.

February fixtures against:

18th
9th
22nd
7th
23rd
15th

Minimum 9 points from that.

Your working on what assumption? We played two games against teams in the bottom four (when we played them) in Jan and got 1 point.

Our attacking options are still the same as they were. So where do you think the goals will come from?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Aside from the team as a whole having to score more goals, Sow really has to up his game for the remainder of the season. No matter how you look at it, he has underperformed. He makes Nicky Maynard look productive. Needs to be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season or he has been a waste of money.

Likewise Agard, really should be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season.

We've been shocking on the goals front. Our lowest ever scoring season in League One is 45 goals in 2005/06 when we were last relegated to League Two. We're at 29 now with 17 games left so will have to average around 1 goal scored per game just to match that.

We really need to be looking at a new 'first choice' striker in the summer, ideally on a permanent as well as a creative mid.

So much of this. For years now we have bemoaned a lack of attempts from the lone striker and it was normally because they were getting no service.

Creativity is paramount when you play the formation we do and this is the reason why Sow Agard and even to a lesser extent Chucks struggle. Not cause they are not talented. They don't just become shit overnight, but they are not getting the service. 82 minutes last weekend to have a shot on goal is poor regardless of how Cov played.

As for now. We are fucked in my eyes. Nesbitt is the only creative one I can see and if he doesn't start I can see him going in the summer when we are preparing for league 2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:41 am 

Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Aside from the team as a whole having to score more goals, Sow really has to up his game for the remainder of the season. No matter how you look at it, he has underperformed. He makes Nicky Maynard look productive. Needs to be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season or he has been a waste of money.

Likewise Agard, really should be hitting close to double figures by the end of the season.

We've been shocking on the goals front. Our lowest ever scoring season in League One is 45 goals in 2005/06 when we were last relegated to League Two. We're at 29 now with 17 games left so will have to average around 1 goal scored per game just to match that.

We really need to be looking at a new 'first choice' striker in the summer, ideally on a permanent as well as a creative mid.

So much of this. For years now we have bemoaned a lack of attempts from the lone striker and it was normally because they were getting no service.

Creativity is paramount when you play the formation we do and this is the reason why Sow Agard and even to a lesser extent Chucks struggle. Not cause they are not talented. They don't just become shit overnight, but they are not getting the service. 82 minutes last weekend to have a shot on goal is poor regardless of how Cov played.

As for now. We are fucked in my eyes. Nesbitt is the only creative one I can see and if he doesn't start I can see him going in the summer when we are preparing for league 2.

This annoys me. Why not have a shot from kick off? Yes the keeper will easily save it but it will register as a shot on goal which is more important than chances right? Against Coventry we had many shots blocked which don't count. We were much more fluid and looked more threatening than usual this season and after only 3 coaching sessions. Loads of positives from that performance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

This annoys me. Why not have a shot from kick off? Yes the keeper will easily save it but it will register as a shot on goal which is more important than chances right? Against Coventry we had many shots blocked which don't count. We were much more fluid and looked more threatening than usual this season and after only 3 coaching sessions. Loads of positives from that performance.

If you were at the game in order to see it... ;)

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:28 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Let it annoy you then. Just cause we show intent doesn't mean the application will improve. I might have the intention of running a marathon. I know the execution will be poor cause I am a fat fuck who sweats running to the fridge.

All I am saying is if we had a creative player we might have a bit more about us and not just take pot shots that get blocked. I am not talking about just Coventry, I am talking about the past 3 seasons. It is all my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt. But if you have no creativity teams will know what to do to nullify us al la Coventry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:55 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Jolly good observation mom ami.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next