THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: If that is it then.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm 

Bloxham Don wrote:
I will be disappointed if we don’t get a striker signed, I have been saying since last summer that we are light up front and I have not seen any signs of that changing, if we don’t get anyone in tomorrow I am expecting league 2 football next season as we need wins to stay up and without the firepower we aren’t going to get many

I think you’re going to be disappointed then.

DM’s interview pretty much confirms that there’ll be no further incoming deals.

His attitude is that we have enough bodies. They just need to be coached better. I’m inclined to agree, but I would add that the midfield aren’t providing the front three with enough chances. I think that’s a tactical switch, and we’ll see the benefit of Gilbey, Upson & McGrandles playing a more expansive game in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:28 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Bloxham Don wrote:
I will be disappointed if we don’t get a striker signed, I have been saying since last summer that we are light up front and I have not seen any signs of that changing, if we don’t get anyone in tomorrow I am expecting league 2 football next season as we need wins to stay up and without the firepower we aren’t going to get many

I think you’re going to be disappointed then.

DM’s interview pretty much confirms that there’ll be no further incoming deals.

His attitude is that we have enough bodies. They just need to be coached better. I’m inclined to agree, but I would add that the midfield aren’t providing the front three with enough chances. I think that’s a tactical switch, and we’ll see the benefit of Gilbey, Upson & McGrandles playing a more expansive game in the coming weeks.

I hope you are right my biggest worry is an injury to chucks and sow and we are down to the real bare bones

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm 

Either we keep signing poor strikers or we don't create the chances for a striker to score. I'm in the 2nd camp as the Coventry game perfectly illustrated with Nesbits shot in the last few mins being the only one on target.

Need to play a different way to create the chances in right areas for someone (called a striker) to put it in the net.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 am 

We have Aneke, Sow, Ugbo, Agard, BTA, and Nombe. We don't need anymore.

Unfortunately, it would appear that Neilson did not recruit well. Sow has been a massive disappointment and Ugbo hasn't shown much promise yet. DM didnt really have much time to resolve this and especially in a window that is hard to do business in anyway.

We just need to do all we can to stay up with this current squad and the fix the mess in the summer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:31 am 

LouisMKD wrote:

Unfortunately, it would appear that Neilson did not recruit well. Sow has been a massive disappointment and Ugbo hasn't shown much promise yet. DM didnt really have much time to resolve this and especially in a window that is hard to do business in anyway.

We just need to do all we can to stay up with this current squad and the fix the mess in the summer.

A creative midfielder wouldn't go a miss. I find that half the reason that the strikers can't score is that they are all alone up front (sometimes) and we don't have the creativity to get them in scoring positions.

But, I doubt we will get that today, so with the current crop unless they get lucky are going down with a wimper.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 am 

Russybcool wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

A creative midfielder wouldn't go a miss. I find that half the reason that the strikers can't score is that they are all alone up front (sometimes) and we don't have the creativity to get them in scoring positions.

But, I doubt we will get that today, so with the current crop unless they get lucky are going down with a wimper.

We have Chuks, Ed & Ousse; while I hope Gilbey, Tavernier, Nesbitt, Pawlett & McGrandles can change a game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 am 

I'd be concerned if the strikers were missing chance after chance, but they're not even getting chances. Need more service from the rest of the team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 am 

Nombe and BTA have impressed me the most this season. I'd rather play them.

I saw big improvements last Saturday and we are only 3 points adrift (with 2 games in hand and we won't lose both) so I will be very suprised if we can't stay up with the current squad with a new coaching regime. Better coaching not players is what we need now.

February fixtures against:

18th
9th
22nd
7th
23rd
15th

Minimum 9 points from that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Steampunk Don wrote:
Most good teams share the goals out. So would hope to see the midfield start helping out.

It may surprise you to know that the midfield has scored roughly double what the recognised strikers have.

It doesn't.
In the least.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:05 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
According to Pete O'Rourke a "mystery" league one club have bid for Devante Cole. Who could it be?
Got a good idea who it isn't.

Wobblers perhaps. They have bought about 50 defenders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next