THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:45 am 

I think Nesbit when fit is the most exciting player we have and would like to see him and Pawlet on either side of midfield running at opposition defences and getting the ball in hard. We seem to be frightened lately about crossing the halfway line. We need to put free kicks into the box not pass it two yds with nobody set and it ending up with defence or Nichols. Infuriating to watch and not practiced by any other team I can think of

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:30 am 

dons50 wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Nicholls

Brittain
Williams
Walsh
Lewie

Gilbey
Cisse

Agard
Aneke
Pawlett

Sow

No Tavernier? Our best player at the wobblers

I missed that game.

You can be mighty thankful. It was dreadful. I wish I hadn't bothered.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:30 am 

barry wrote:
I think Nesbit when fit is the most exciting player we have and would like to see him and Pawlet on either side of midfield running at opposition defences and getting the ball in hard. We seem to be frightened lately about crossing the halfway line. We need to put free kicks into the box not pass it two yds with nobody set and it ending up with defence or Nichols. Infuriating to watch and not practiced by any other team I can think of

I agree but would like to see Nesbitt come on as a super sub to inject life into a game (when their defenders are tiring) than to start.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:45 pm 

i’d like to see:

nicholls

brittain
williams
ebanks-landell
lewington

cisse

tavernier
gilbey
aneke
agard

sow

walsh would obviously be in if fit. i’d have liked to have seen ariyibi under micciche as well but never mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:21 pm 

barry wrote:
.....We need to put free kicks into the box not pass it two yds with nobody set and it ending up with defence or Nichols. Infuriating to watch and not practiced by any other team I can think of

Hear, hear.
Quick free kicks make sense if the opposition aren't ready and you can get a forward in on goal, but its usually our team that aren't ready. The ball is then passed back to the taker, who is in no better position than 2 seconds earlier and is being rapidly closed down by the opposition.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 pm 

Is it just me that's not seeing where all this 'Cisse is going to be our new centre back' has come from? Granted I wasn't at Coventry, but he's never been played there as anything other than cover when necessary. He may be good there, but he's a CDM for me that can play at CB when needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:27 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Is it just me that's not seeing where all this 'Cisse is going to be our new centre back' has come from? Granted I wasn't at Coventry, but he's never been played there as anything other than cover when necessary. He may be good there, but he's a CDM for me that can play at CB when needed.

If i'm honest, for me he is a bit like Agard. Nice chap, but not good enough. I get we are the third tier, I get that we cannot pay anywhere near higher divison wages, but I fully reckon we could offload these two and get in far better replacements.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 pm 

In defence I haven't a clue. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
In defence I haven't a clue. :?

I wonder if we might use wing backs with Tymon, Lewie, Ward, Williams, Brittain ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 pm 

Cant see that. Reckon it will be built around a particular way of playing and set up in a 4-2-3-1 and impose our philosophy on the opposition rather than chopping and changing based on how they want to play. We will have a clear identity and the players will be drilled and know what their job is and what their team mates will be doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next