THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm 

As I've already mentioned above, feel free to critique them when they're in the wrong. As you have.

The FA Cup coverage wasn't in the least bit biased. I my opinion it was balanced. They showed the flare on the pitch. Referenced it, showed the pitch invasion, and showed the stewarding.

I don't work for, or have anyone who works for the Beeb who's a relative.
I don't buy into the biased Beeb narrative. Never have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:54 am 

Gers wrote:
As I've already mentioned above, feel free to critique them when they're in the wrong. As you have.

The FA Cup coverage wasn't in the least bit biased. I my opinion it was balanced. They showed the flare on the pitch. Referenced it, showed the pitch invasion, and showed the stewarding.

I think it's the same as the Beeb's supposed left-wing bias, i.e. it's there in certain people and departments, but not in others.

The BBC is a bloody huge organisation and inevitably every part of it ends up getting tarred with the same brush.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Alby wrote:
Fuck sake this again? Why are people so fucking bothered grow up.

Lame, Alby.

AFC got fined by the FA for disrespecting us...so the BBC should be too :D

Oh, is this the program/scoreboard issue? When did that occur? How much. I didn't think it had happened yet? :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:25 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Alby wrote:
Fuck sake this again? Why are people so fucking bothered grow up.

Lame, Alby.

AFC got fined by the FA for disrespecting us...so the BBC should be too :D

Oh, is this the program/scoreboard issue? When did that occur? How much. I didn't think it had happened yet? :?

We didn't put Coventry's name on three of the scoreboards but we got away with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:

I think it's the same as the Beeb's supposed left-wing bias, i.e. it's there in certain people and departments, but not in others.

The BBC is a bloody huge organisation and inevitably every part of it ends up getting tarred with the same brush.

Just recovering from shock at that comment, Lt Dan ! Sitting down with a stiff drink, recovering. I thought to work for the BBC you had to be a paid-up member of Momentum, and to have signed the "Politically Correct Magna Carta" ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:23 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Gers wrote:

Just recovering from shock at that comment, Lt Dan ! Sitting down with a stiff drink, recovering. I thought to work for the BBC you had to be a paid-up member of Momentum, and to have signed the "Politically Correct Magna Carta" ?

The Beeb is chock-a-bloc full of Oxbridge alumni. So, plenty of dear old lefties. And plenty of Jacob Rees-Mogg-alikes. So any bias, conscious or unconscious, is likely to vary in political stripe from programme to programme, department to department. Just as Dan states.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am 
From a news perspective, study after study has revealed a consistent right wing bias. It’s s big old place though, so there will be other areas where that’s not true, or where there is a left wing bias.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am 

Brando wrote:
From a news perspective, study after study has revealed a consistent right wing bias. It’s s big old place though, so there will be other areas where that’s not true, or where there is a left wing bias.

You pinko traitor.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:37 am 
Guilty as charged ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:40 am 

Brando wrote:

I've always thought that the BBC is neither left or right, but a classic liberal establishment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next