THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
homer8t3 wrote:
So that’s Elliot Ward and Josh Tymon signed on loan.

That takes us to the 5 loans you can have in a team, so no room for Galloway, unless we send back Ebanks, who would you rather have?

No brainer, Galloway every single day

Yeah, Galloway. EEL suits a different, more agricultural style of play. Micciche's sexy soccerball™ will demand that players have a reason aptitude for kicking and controlling a football, something EEL lacks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm 

I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40 pm 

midland don wrote:
I think there's some misunderstanding of the loan rules. You can have 8 at the club, but 5 in the match day squad for league games

Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:

Is there a lot of point having more than 5 loanees if you can't play them, especially for the parent club?

You could rotate the 5.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:

You could rotate the 5.

Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:

You could rotate the 5.

Wasn't it Tshimanga that we stupidly loaned out last season be the sixth loanee at his club and was never getting in ahead of far more experienced loanee's?

From the owning clubs perspective, it's the last thing you want, especially if there had been other clubs interested.

This is where the manager should do his homework. Seems like just fob them off and don't really care

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:

You could rotate the 5.

This is where the manager should do his homework. Seems like just fob them off and don't really care

There are two types of loans:

1) Young and needs game time.

2) Just get his wages off the books. E.g. Shitbola.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:

You could rotate the 5.

Surely Tshimanga was number 1 not 2. I never thought he was shit, just needed a boost that a loan could provide.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:

You could rotate the 5.

Surely Tshimanga was number 1 not 2. I never thought he was shit, just needed a boost that a loan could provide.

Tshimanga was #1, Tshibola was #2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
I think if Sunderland did bid it would have to be £1m+ surely. If half of that is reinvested in a replacement, we could get someone fairly decent for this level. It's just the timing issue. Think the club would just accept it and hope we stay up and then think again in the summer. It would be a shame as he has carried the team this season.

Take it from me - Sunderland do not have a pot to piss in. MK will be playing them next season if they stay up. Even if they sell NDong, it will likely be on an initial loan and they'll owe most of the money back to whoever they bought him from in the first place for 16m! Expect them to then come to us with a loan offer which I hope we tell them to stuff it.

As for Galloway, I'd love to see him back here and mentioned this a few weeks back. Could be exactly what he needs as it hasn't gone well for him at Sunderland - but then again Pique would struggle playing alongside dross like Steele, Kone and Rodwell.

It sounds like Sunderland have signed the young midfielder Ejaria from Liverpool on loan. Hopefully they won't want Chucks now. Phew

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next