THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Galloway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 am 

dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Are we not looking at him through MK Academy tinted spectacles?
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Everton was at left back. Does he have any league experience at centreback?

He’s a good footballer. He’ll adjust fine.

It's that type of wooly thinking that resulted in Cisse at left back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 am 

Sausage wrote:

He’s primarily a centre back. He spent all his Academy career with us as a CB, and it was only that he was left footed and capable of playing the position that he broke though at left back*. The same thing happened at Everton.

I remember Everton fans at the time speculating that the long term plan from Martinez was a Stones/Galloway pairing at the back.

*-I’m sure I recall him playing some games for us centrally though. Lewie didn’t get injured THAT much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:19 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

I’m cutting DM some slack over that. His logic was that the best long distance passer of the ball in the team was left footed and therefore more suited in an attacking sense than having George Williams constantly having to check back on to his right foot to pass. Cisse played some decent first time balls down that flank that George could never have made.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:
I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere. Is he the experienced leader we are saying we need at centre-back?
Entirely possible. He was very good at Everton initially though, their fans rated him very highly. Then a failed loan to West Brom (although I highly doubt he's a Pulis player) and what seems to have been a poor season at Sunderland mean that his career seems to be going downhill. I think he'd be worth a shot. But you're right, perhaps a more experienced defender is what we need, although I'm not sure how many of those are available.

Difference being Cisse has never played LB Afro is and Galloway has played centre half for us. He’s filled in that slot a few times in games he’d played for us and has played there for Everton.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:31 am 

Alby wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Sausage wrote:

Difference being Cisse has never played LB Afro is and Galloway has played centre half for us. He’s filled in that slot a few times in games he’d played for us and has played there for Everton.

He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13152 ... n-Galloway

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

He started 4 league games for us and 16 for Everton, how many was at centre back? I can't see any for Everton at centre back

See my post above. Galloway was always a centre back! It’s just that, like many youngsters, his first opportunity came in the wide role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:43 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

See my post above. Galloway was always a centre back! It’s just that, like many youngsters, his first opportunity came in the wide role.

He was centre back in the youth team, but has no / little experience of being centre back for the men's team. It may work out that he is centre half in the future although he just over 6', but is this the time to experiment?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 am 

He must have more pace than EEL and probably a better left foot.
The club in his DNA
im sure hell do a decent job

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am 

APMKDon wrote:
He must have more pace than EEL and probably a better left foot.
The club in his DNA
im sure hell do a decent job

So has Adam Chicksen but I wouldn't get him as a centre back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:35 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

He played CM most of the time for us, except once against Spurs U23's where he played LB and kept Andros Townsend in his pocket all game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next