THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:10 pm 

Meh - Im certainly not worried about receiving Dion Dublin's approval

There has always been a look down your nose attitude to MK out there, well before the Dons arrived - quite often from people who have never set foot in the place

Let them get on with it - I won't lose any sleep over it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm 

No one likes us. We don't care. Except some of you evidently do.

As for me, I like the fact we are still pariahs (though it's far less strong than it was 10 years ago). Everyone you've named on this thread are iijits; I don't want them to like us. Fuck 'em, and the horses they rode in on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm 

johnny6eyes wrote:
Why let it bother you.
There are more important things to worry about in life than to worry about people like Adrian Durham and any others like him. It's a sad life he leads if he can't even say MK Dons. he's got a cushy little job but will eventually disappear never to be heard of again.
Enjoy the football and Fuck em all as they are soooooo insignificant.

This

Those fans you can engage in a proper adult conversation aren't really bothered about us. Those who can't think for themselves will always regurgitate the same old dross.

I quite like being the bad boys of football actually. Gives us the perfect 'us and them' 'backs against the wall' mentality. Plus makes us different from the same old clubs elsewhere

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:29 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
No one likes us. We don't care. Except some of you evidently do.

As for me, I like the fact we are still pariahs (though it's far less strong than it was 10 years ago). Everyone you've named on this thread are iijits; I don't want them to like us. Fuck 'em, and the horses they rode in on.

Yep.

I'd never want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pm 

The other thing I have to contend with is a large family who all support Premier league teams, including the in laws side as well.

The constant crap I’ve put up with would break most SAS hopefuls, so as I am more mature now, I just tell them to fuck off :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:00 pm 

Scribble wrote:
The other thing I have to contend with is a large family who all support Premier league teams, including the in laws side as well.

The constant crap I’ve put up with would break most SAS hopefuls, so as I am more mature now, I just tell them to fuck off :D

Hold firm Scribble

I laugh at my relatives who offer it large from their premier league sofas - really couldn't give a monkeys about their holier than thou sat on your bum Sky Sports season ticket plastic points of view

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 pm 

Fuck sake this again? Why are people so fucking bothered grow up.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:12 am 

Yet another reason AFC aren't the continuation of Wimbledon, everyone hated us when we were in London and everyone hates us now we are in Milton Keynes, that's real continuation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:01 am 

Alby wrote:
Fuck sake this again? Why are people so fucking bothered grow up.

Lame, Alby.

AFC got fined by the FA for disrespecting us...so the BBC should be too :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:02 am 

BristolDon wrote:
Galverion wrote:
On MOTD last night, both Gabby Logan (especially) and Dion Dublin both put MK Dons down, saying Coventry were hoping for a bigger, more glamorous, even a Prem team. Although no doubt that is true to a degree, funny how they did not "mock" other L1 and Championship teams. Logan especially...kind of rolled her eyes when she said our team name...

With the whole dropping "AFC" thing, the BBC is biased against us. Not just them though...Adrian Durham on talkSport also drops "AFC" and ALWAYS calls us just "Milton Keynes"

Gggrrr !

If you're upset by Adrian Durham, then he's doing his job. He's deliberately provocative as it gets reactions and generates interest in him. If you don't like him, then stop listening, simple.

And as for the BBC Bias, how many threads do we have on this again?

You do not have to be provocative to be a good and respected journalist or presenter ! I am a HUGE fan of Alan Brazil and he does not set out to be provocative.

Truth is, Durham is like that as he is a Posh fan. Pure and simple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next