THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:06 pm 

On MOTD last night, both Gabby Logan (especially) and Dion Dublin both put MK Dons down, saying Coventry were hoping for a bigger, more glamorous, even a Prem team. Although no doubt that is true to a degree, funny how they did not "mock" other L1 and Championship teams. Logan especially...kind of rolled her eyes when she said our team name...

With the whole dropping "AFC" thing, the BBC is biased against us. Not just them though...Adrian Durham on talkSport also drops "AFC" and ALWAYS calls us just "Milton Keynes"

Gggrrr !

Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:13 pm 

I didn't see the 8,000 Coventry fans complaining yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:42 pm 

Is this the same BBC that makes Peaky Blinders, The Archers, The Today Programme, used to make Top Of The Pops, and stuff of that astonishingly high standard?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 pm 

It’s not just the BBC, I’ve read negative shit about us in a couple of newspapers today.

I say, just fuck off then and leave us alone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm 

Love the way every report i’ Heard has to start with the fact that there were more cov fans than ours, is it really important?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
It's not just Adrian Durham on talkSPORT: the European Football Expert is Andy Brassell and I've heard him a number of times say that he was a Wimbledon FC fan and is one of those who now supports AFC Kingston and hates us. He's said that he won't watch us when we play them because he refuses to acknowledge our existence and so won't recognise it as a fixture. With no one on "our" side - the rest being either neutral or less vocal "sympathisers" of Kingston - then it's a pretty biased channel. There isn't one of the national media that side with us, but some are worse than others in their prejudice.

Andy can go and foob himself...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:37 pm 

Why let it bother you.
There are more important things to worry about in life than to worry about people like Adrian Durham and any others like him. It's a sad life he leads if he can't even say MK Dons. he's got a cushy little job but will eventually disappear never to be heard of again.
Enjoy the football and Fuck em all as they are soooooo insignificant.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 pm 

johnny6eyes wrote:
Why let it bother you.
There are more important things to worry about in life than to worry about people like Adrian Durham and any others like him. It's a sad life he leads if he can't even say MK Dons. he's got a cushy little job but will eventually disappear never to be heard of again.
Enjoy the football and Fuck em all as they are soooooo insignificant.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Love the way every report i’ Heard has to start with the fact that there were more cov fans than ours, is it really important?

Which means that we're a big draw, and they're not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:04 pm 

Galverion wrote:
On MOTD last night, both Gabby Logan (especially) and Dion Dublin both put MK Dons down, saying Coventry were hoping for a bigger, more glamorous, even a Prem team. Although no doubt that is true to a degree, funny how they did not "mock" other L1 and Championship teams. Logan especially...kind of rolled her eyes when she said our team name...

With the whole dropping "AFC" thing, the BBC is biased against us. Not just them though...Adrian Durham on talkSport also drops "AFC" and ALWAYS calls us just "Milton Keynes"

Gggrrr !

If you're upset by Adrian Durham, then he's doing his job. He's deliberately provocative as it gets reactions and generates interest in him. If you don't like him, then stop listening, simple.

And as for the BBC Bias, how many threads do we have on this again?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next