THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Posts: 480
On MOTD last night, both Gabby Logan (especially) and Dion Dublin both put MK Dons down, saying Coventry were hoping for a bigger, more glamorous, even a Prem team. Although no doubt that is true to a degree, funny how they did not "mock" other L1 and Championship teams. Logan especially...kind of rolled her eyes when she said our team name...

With the whole dropping "AFC" thing, the BBC is biased against us. Not just them though...Adrian Durham on talkSport also drops "AFC" and ALWAYS calls us just "Milton Keynes"

Gggrrr !

_________________
Where has Scumarmy gone ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 897
I didn't see the 8,000 Coventry fans complaining yesterday.

_________________
Please note that all my comments are my opinions unless stated otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:36 am
Posts: 697
It's not just Adrian Durham on talkSPORT: the European Football Expert is Andy Brassell and I've heard him a number of times say that he was a Wimbledon FC fan and is one of those who now supports AFC Kingston and hates us. He's said that he won't watch us when we play them because he refuses to acknowledge our existence and so won't recognise it as a fixture. With no one on "our" side - the rest being either neutral or less vocal "sympathisers" of Kingston - then it's a pretty biased channel. There isn't one of the national media that side with us, but some are worse than others in their prejudice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm
Posts: 1078
Is this the same BBC that makes Peaky Blinders, The Archers, The Today Programme, used to make Top Of The Pops, and stuff of that astonishingly high standard?

_________________
The appearance of a man who stands a better than average chance of being refused entry to a happy hour.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:18 pm
Posts: 577
It’s not just the BBC, I’ve read negative shit about us in a couple of newspapers today.

I say, just fuck off then and leave us alone

_________________
Never interrupt an opponent when they are making a mistake

I was there 30/12/17. The miracle of the MK 9


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm
Posts: 882
Love the way every report i’ Heard has to start with the fact that there were more cov fans than ours, is it really important?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:49 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Plastique Fantastique
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
It's not just Adrian Durham on talkSPORT: the European Football Expert is Andy Brassell and I've heard him a number of times say that he was a Wimbledon FC fan and is one of those who now supports AFC Kingston and hates us. He's said that he won't watch us when we play them because he refuses to acknowledge our existence and so won't recognise it as a fixture. With no one on "our" side - the rest being either neutral or less vocal "sympathisers" of Kingston - then it's a pretty biased channel. There isn't one of the national media that side with us, but some are worse than others in their prejudice.


Andy can go and foob himself...

_________________
"You can't bring the football into the stadium - it's a banned object" - Steward quote at Gate 6 13/01/2018

Also known as Uncle Paul....

http://www.crmk.co.uk Thursdays 8pm

http://www.mixcloud.com/crmkmusic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 pm
Posts: 21
Location: London
Why let it bother you.
There are more important things to worry about in life than to worry about people like Adrian Durham and any others like him. It's a sad life he leads if he can't even say MK Dons. he's got a cushy little job but will eventually disappear never to be heard of again.
Enjoy the football and Fuck em all as they are soooooo insignificant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:49 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Plastique Fantastique
johnny6eyes wrote:
Why let it bother you.
There are more important things to worry about in life than to worry about people like Adrian Durham and any others like him. It's a sad life he leads if he can't even say MK Dons. he's got a cushy little job but will eventually disappear never to be heard of again.
Enjoy the football and Fuck em all as they are soooooo insignificant.


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

_________________
"You can't bring the football into the stadium - it's a banned object" - Steward quote at Gate 6 13/01/2018

Also known as Uncle Paul....

http://www.crmk.co.uk Thursdays 8pm

http://www.mixcloud.com/crmkmusic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC bias
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm
Posts: 1078
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Love the way every report i’ Heard has to start with the fact that there were more cov fans than ours, is it really important?

Which means that we're a big draw, and they're not.

_________________
The appearance of a man who stands a better than average chance of being refused entry to a happy hour.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group