THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toby Lock
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:25 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
I’ll give him some credit; he’s the only other person that recognised that Sow had a good game. Played the no’10 link up role superbly at times. Dropped deep to collect and was always an available option for the midfield.

I presumed he’d go with the narrative from the stands of “he’s shit. Get him off”.

The trouble is after his grand entrance he will always be judged on scoring goals.

Yes, accepted but how many chances per game is this current team creating for him? The issue is the straight-jacket Football we’ve played under RN has barely seen more than a chance per game land at his feet. He’s not Chuks, who can create a chance out of nothing. He needs some sort of service.

I understand what you saying, but when you said "Played the no’10 link up role superbly at times. Dropped deep to collect and was always an available option for the midfield", that isn't what he is primary here for and sometimes I thought he dropped deep too much.

Yesterday that was his position and his role. Agard was the striker. You say he dropped too deep, but that’s the role.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:26 am 

Its so funny how two people can watch the same game and see two totally different things. I thought Sow was lazy, slow and useless.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:26 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

I understand what you saying, but when you said "Played the no’10 link up role superbly at times. Dropped deep to collect and was always an available option for the midfield", that isn't what he is primary here for and sometimes I thought he dropped deep too much.

We played 4-2-3-1 and Ugbo was the striker. Where did you think Sow was playing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

We played 4-2-3-1 and Ugbo was the striker. Where did you think Sow was playing?

I thought Agard was the striker! We’re agreed about Sow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 am 

dons50 wrote:

Fluid... :lol: let’s just agree on that? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 am 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

I wasn't referring to that, I was saying that Sow will be judged on the goals he scores. Although for part of the game Ugbo was playing wide, so I don't think the positions were as rigid as you are saying. As said before Agard seemed to be up top and missed a bad one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 am 

Camdenite wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Fluid... :lol: let’s just agree on that? :lol:

:D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 am 

Sow has no neck and so his posture makes him look lazy. Chris Waddle used to come under similar unfair criticism due to the way he looked, rather than what he did.

However, Sow is slow. And I'd want a few more chances created by a #10. So I don't buy in to the Camden/D50 Sow love-in.

No big criticism - he'll come good under Dan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:35 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I wasn't referring to that, I was saying that Sow will be judged on the goals he scores. Although for part of the game Ugbo was playing wide, so I don't think the positions were as rigid as you are saying. As said before Agard seemed to be up top and missed a bad one.

Agreed. But he had a different job to do yesterday due the absence of Chuks. Unless a new no’10 arrived before Wednesday (which I very much doubt) then he’ll have to play the same role again for a couple more games yet. We’re desperately short of options in that role, hence the return of Rasulo to the bench.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:47 am 

Getting back to Lock, I was surprised with his initial twatter post game.
I actually thought we were pretty good, he still ran the native that he did under Neilson.

At the end of the day, he runs the sports desk on a local free paper. I'm assuming he's the only member of staff. Remember, it's only his opinion, and like arseholes, everyone's got one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next