THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gutted
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 am 

Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Thought we were terrible, nothing has changed, so it must be the players??

You are having a fucking giraffe??

I didnt go but i will stat you. Took us 80 plus minutes to have a shot on target. Regardless of how amazing the build up was. We need goals. We were playing a league 2 side (albeit a good l2 side). If Coventry played well then that's fair enough, but I don't think they were all that as we had 60% possession.

You can play the most attractive looking football in the world. You don't score your fucked. I am sure you can take positives from today but I am genuinely worried where the goals are coming from as we are toothless up front. That's where I agree with warwick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I didnt go but i will stat you. Took us 80 plus minutes to have a shot on target. Regardless of how amazing the build up was. We need goals. We were playing a league 2 side (albeit a good l2 side). If Coventry played well then that's fair enough, but I don't think they were all that as we had 60% possession.

You can play the most attractive looking football in the world. You don't score your fucked. I am sure you can take positives from today but I am genuinely worried where the goals are coming from as we are toothless up front. That's where I agree with warwick

Yeah, Dan should have sorted that by now! He's had a week! Micciche out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

You're taking the piss, surely?

Nope, I don't look at everything with mk dons tinted glasses, absolute shite, again!!

I could make an erudite post, contrasting the improvements we saw yesterday, compared to the fare served up by RN and the optimism I have for more to come... But I fear I'd be wasting my time. Enjoy wallowing in your misery.

Guess you can't handle the truth, tell me what where the goals are coming from then? Call me whatever, you can't win games without goals, we have no goal threat, Sow is lazy and useless, Agard should be playing down the middle, Nesbitt should start if fit, I know what I see

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:25 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Yeah, Dan should have sorted that by now! He's had a week! Micciche out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I am hoping that is sarcasm. All I am saying is that people on here said how good we looked. It took us 80 minutes to have a shot. That's not a change thats the same shit just with slightly different window dressing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 am 

Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Alby wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

I am hoping that is sarcasm. All I am saying is that people on here said how good we looked. It took us 80 minutes to have a shot. That's not a change thats the same shit just with slightly different window dressing.

We had a number of good chances before that, but they were all blocked by their well-drilled defence - so won't have registered for that stat. That's why its always better to actually watch the game you are analyzing!

Last edited by Dad_Of_A_Don on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 am 

Russybcool wrote:
It took us 80 minutes to have a shot.

That's where just looking at the stats gives a false impression...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 am 

Dad of a Don - snap!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Dad of a Don - snap!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 am 

I too am gutted that we were eliminated yesterday.

The FA cup can provide a welcome break from the league, more minutes to improve a struggling team, an opportunity to play a better standard of opposition and a financial windfall. We’ve experienced a few of those benefits, so I guess it’s not all bad.

Dan has certainly taken a challenging first senior managerial job and he has my utmost respect for having the courage to put himself forward for it. The product of his first three training sessions on the pitch appeared to be more emphasis on possession, successful pass completion, short-medium range passing and patience/confidence on the ball - regardless of the area of pitch being played on.

It won’t be easy to turn our fortunes around. Taking charge of a relatively low risk cup fixture and viewing 90 minutes of first team football is probably a good introduction.

Micciche has made some comments regarding “good recruitment”, “positive signs”, “positional play” and a “lack of scoring”; he claims to understand where some of the key problems originate from. With his background and credentials, hopefully he can rectify these with a combination of good communication and coaching.

We’re displaying a fragility in all areas and I can’t really identify anything we are particularly strong at, to use as a firm foundation to build upon. So, the players/staff have got their work cut out, trying to improve in every area/position.

I reckon we need another 20 or so points to stay in the league, which averages out at over a point per game. I’m not sure whether we can pull that off and escape the clutches of the relegation zone this season. It seems as though the club aren’t just thinking about the remaining games but more long-term, given the appointment PW has made. It’s a gamble to rediscover our identity; one that most on here and that I’ve spoken to in person seem to back. Hopefully we can do both - who knows!

COYD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:15 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Alby wrote:
Think this is the sort of game we have to take on the chin. I’ve always said I can take losing if we put our all in and I think they did. I think they deserved a clap off. Sometimes you lose and the circumstances aren’t always a bad referee or a bad performance etc. It’s just the way the game went.

100% this. Except somehow we seemed to decide not to turn up as fans today, the cowshed looked emptier than ever, and then the brigade of early leavers seemed to be massively increased such that when I and my young family stayed to clap the players (something I encourage them to do, assuming they've put in a shift) it felt like we were lone clappers in the family section and not much more in the cowshed.

Is it because it is the FA cup and people don't want to pay for a ticket? Attendance just seemed poor and embarassing to have same/more away fans. We all criticised players/Neilson for not clapping and yet when Micciche comes out to do so we've all gone, what a welcome.

I was disappointed with our turnout tbh, I expected not less than 8,000 from us but hoped for more but as you say the cowshed was sparse in places.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next