THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fight
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:50 am 

mightydons wrote:
Furztondon wrote:
I'm sure to most people it wasn't a big deal but when you have a child with you it's unacceptable. I have a drink at the footy and can have a laugh with the lads but kicking off like that is not on. Some of these twats one day are going to get a kicking by a proper firm at some dirty northern town.

Its football, these kind of things happen (not condoning it) when drink and sport mix, get over it....take your kid to the cinema if you want to hide them from how things are.

It amazes me that people use the defence "Well its part of football", there is nothing in the rues that say a percentage of the fan base must get pissed and start fighting, millions of fans all over the world go to football, have a drink and don't fight. It is a small minority of mindless idiots who are too lightweight to hold their drink.

Every instance should be dealt with with a ban from all football clubs for life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:04 am 

Early Sunday morning hangover post.

While not condoning violence, I genuinely didn't see any trouble, either inside or outside the ground.

I'll be 56 this year. Which means that I've been to footy in the 60's, 70's, 80's etc, etc, etc... There was bound to be some idiots around yesterday. It's the law of averages. But did any of ours get hurt? No!

Believe me. We really don't have a bad element within our support. And also believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about. I've been to Parkhead, as a Rangers supporting child. My father used to take me and my sister to footy on the 60's as he had a theory that he'd be alright if he had kids with him. And he was.

So to summarise...

Some 14yr olds visited Asda before kickoff. Bought some cider. Drunk it. Which transported them into a Danny Dyer fantasy, and I dare say at least one of them uttered the phrase "You mug". It's the following morning. They'll be nursing hangovers worse than mine, and probably feel a tad foolish.

Storm in a tea cup. You should've tried talking to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 am 

Perspectives... football nowhere near as bad as the dark days of the 70s and 80s BUT...

If you are right next to a fight whether adults or kids, 1 on 1 or several involved, it isn't at all pleasant and can disturb the younger audience.

Could be a pub,sporting match of concert but either way obviously hasn't been nice for the gentleman concerned so a bit of empathy wouldn't go a miss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:30 am 

mightydons wrote:
Furztondon wrote:
I'm sure to most people it wasn't a big deal but when you have a child with you it's unacceptable. I have a drink at the footy and can have a laugh with the lads but kicking off like that is not on. Some of these twats one day are going to get a kicking by a proper firm at some dirty northern town.

Its football, these kind of things happen (not condoning it) when drink and sport mix, get over it....take your kid to the cinema if you want to hide them from how things are.

Don't forget the shit football. I can not believe for one second any of this crap would happen if the football was good.

Fans going Ott cause they have no outlet for their anger. Not right by any means but EVERY football club has this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:54 am 

Gridsy wrote:
Perspectives... football nowhere near as bad as the dark days of the 70s and 80s BUT...

If you are right next to a fight whether adults or kids, 1 on 1 or several involved, it isn't at all pleasant and can disturb the younger audience.

Could be a pub,sporting match of concert but either way obviously hasn't been nice for the gentleman concerned so a bit of empathy wouldn't go a miss.

I genuinely don't have empathy for people I don't know. Honestly. It's something I really don't get. All this thoughts and prayers shit! Don't get it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:57 am 

Gers wrote:
Gridsy wrote:

I genuinely don't have empathy for people I don't know. Honestly. It's something I really don't get. All this thoughts and prayers shit! Don't get it.

Wasn't aimed at you but I empathise with your sense of being singled out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 am 

Gers wrote:
Gridsy wrote:

Mate, you should fill out the Hare Psychopathy Checklist-Revised... might find you get an interesting result. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:08 am 

Concourse fully covered by cctv so send message to club asking for it to be looked at

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:38 pm 
Gers wrote:
Early Sunday morning hangover post.

While not condoning violence, I genuinely didn't see any trouble, either inside or outside the ground.

I'll be 56 this year. Which means that I've been to footy in the 60's, 70's, 80's etc, etc, etc... There was bound to be some idiots around yesterday. It's the law of averages. But did any of ours get hurt? No!

Believe me. We really don't have a bad element within our support. And also believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about. I've been to Parkhead, as a Rangers supporting child. My father used to take me and my sister to footy on the 60's as he had a theory that he'd be alright if he had kids with him. And he was.

So to summarise...

Some 14yr olds visited Asda before kickoff. Bought some cider. Drunk it. Which transported them into a Danny Dyer fantasy, and I dare say at least one of them uttered the phrase "You mug". It's the following morning. They'll be nursing hangovers worse than mine, and probably feel a tad foolish.

Storm in a tea cup. You should've tried talking to them.

Amusing anecdotes, but I disagree about us not having a "bad" element.. Every club's support has an element of support that enjoy confronting away supporters, stewards, police, getting pissed and intimidating other fans and passers by (whether intentionally or unintentionally), and we are no different.

Comparing us to Rangers or football in the 70s/80s isn't a fair comparison to make as football as a whole is very different to then, and even the worst elements of other clubs in the UK nowadays are not as bad as their counterparts from 30/40 years ago. Certainly abroad is different (Russia, eastern europe in particular). I too know what I'm talking about, but from a different perspective to you.

It's all relative. For those that experienced problems at football in the 80's, they have probably witnessed a lot worse and on a larger scale. But that doesn't mean for the average football fan going to football with his family that witnessing behavior like that to a lesser degree isn't intimidating or wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:43 pm 

Things are only intimidating if you let them intimidate you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next