THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:07 pm 

Encore....
Those F*ckers who still haven't fixed the potholes on the A4146.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:24 pm 

Everything on television being pixelated

Number plates, house numbers, manufacturers logos, photographs, people - I mean, what on earth?!?!?!?!

:evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:19 am 

Footballers covering their mouths with their hands when talking. When did that become a thing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 am 

Gers wrote:
Footballers covering their mouths with their hands when talking. When did that become a thing?

When the media started employing lip readers. Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:18 pm 

British Gas Customer Service.
So much for 'all calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes'. What I was told 4 weeks ago on the phone when I wanted to switch tariff (and was told I had) is wildly out of line with the statement sent by post today.
No record of the call. :shock:
Would you like me to log it as a complaint?
Yes please
Who did you speak to?
No idea but in future I'll make sure I know exactly who it is. I think they said they were in Cape Town.
Well I'm in Scotland.
Really? Anyway about the bill being out of line with what I was told and being put on the wrong tariff

30 seconds later...

Would you like me to close the complaint because as there is no record of the call there isn't anything I can actually do about it*
My initial thought was to scream NO I F- WOULDN'T but I put it more politely while they 'look into it further'.
I think I shall be waiting a long long time :(

*Clever corporate sh*te. Open complaint and then close it. Box ticked. Poor bastard stuck on wrong tariff until 2020 but who cares about customers eh precious?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:06 am 

Aliramone wrote:
British Gas Customer Service.
So much for 'all calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes'. What I was told 4 weeks ago on the phone when I wanted to switch tariff (and was told I had) is wildly out of line with the statement sent by post today.
No record of the call. :shock:
Would you like me to log it as a complaint?
Yes please
Who did you speak to?
No idea but in future I'll make sure I know exactly who it is. I think they said they were in Cape Town.
Well I'm in Scotland.
Really? Anyway about the bill being out of line with what I was told and being put on the wrong tariff

30 seconds later...

Would you like me to close the complaint because as there is no record of the call there isn't anything I can actually do about it*
My initial thought was to scream NO I F- WOULDN'T but I put it more politely while they 'look into it further'.
I think I shall be waiting a long long time :(

*Clever corporate sh*te. Open complaint and then close it. Box ticked. Poor bastard stuck on wrong tariff until 2020 but who cares about customers eh precious?

I got a letter today from British Gas saying my annual service was due and I could go on their web site and book a two hour slot. so I went on the web site and was told I could have an appointment on 7th June either between 8am-1pm, 8am-6pm or 2pm-6pm.
I then phoned the number on the letter and selected the option to book an engineer, this again gave me the above options or I could choose "None of them", every time I said none of them it gave me the same options so I rang off and dialed again.
I avioided the trap of pressing 1 and got through to a young lady, to whom I told the problem, and she said oh there proably isnt a 2 hour slot free on the 7th June. I pointed out to her all time slots were available and I simply didn't believe they were all booked, so she said "I'll check into it", a couple of minutes later she came back and offered me three 2 hour slots for tomorrow, so I took the 2-4. Then this afternoon I got a call saying the engineer could do it today and lo and behold by 4:30 it was all sorted. Funny how quickly they can get things sorted rather than explain why ther system cannot cope with the advertised service.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:17 am 

Some cyclists. Especially those who put their fucking hands on your car when you’re at a red light. Seriously!!!.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 am 

Alby wrote:
cyclists.

Fixed that for you.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 am 

As someone who took up road cycling two years ago, I can honestly say that cyclists and motorists are just as bad as each other. There is a decent helping of total morons in each category.

Some (note: not all) cyclists often ride on main roads (including grid roads!) and put themselves at unnecessary risk, and then get all moany and militant when drivers don't give them space.

Some (note: not all) drivers spout stuff at cyclists to try and say they're not entitled to be on the roads, stuff like 'you don't pay road tax' (road tax hasn't existed since 1937) and 'you shouldn't ride two abreast' (even though double-file riding is perfectly legal and actually recommended).

The world would be a much better place if people on BOTH sides could just show a bit more courtesy and apply a bit more common-sense.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:28 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
As someone who took up road cycling two years ago, I can honestly say that cyclists and motorists are just as bad as each other. There is a decent helping of total morons in each category.

Some (note: not all) cyclists often ride on main roads (including grid roads!) and put themselves at unnecessary risk, and then get all moany and militant when drivers don't give them space.

Some (note: not all) drivers spout stuff at cyclists to try and say they're not entitled to be on the roads, stuff like 'you don't pay road tax' (road tax hasn't existed since 1937) and 'you shouldn't ride two abreast' (even though double-file riding is perfectly legal and actually recommended).

The world would be a much better place if people on BOTH sides could just show a bit more courtesy and apply a bit more common-sense.

When I'm in my car, I hate cyclists. When I'm on my bike, I hate motorists.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next