THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rant of sorts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:03 pm 

Rather than rant and stew on every post i'll have my say here and get a few things off my chest.

Firstly dan has only had 3 training sessions this week. There was noticeable improvements from a team that had no cohesion going forward to a team that for the first 20 minutes didnt give up the ball.

The only reason we lost today was because we were forced into taking lewie off because the last regime had frozen him out and he needs to build up towards 90 minutes.

For the 55 minutes lewie was on we were solid, organised and for the most part in control.

The problems arose when we bought on eel who is not suited to this style we want to implement, id be amazed if we didnt send him back and get a more well rounded centre back more comfortable in possession. We wont, but we should. Thankfully we dont own him.

Like all players lewie has his strengths and weaknesses. His strengths make us a better team and it is the responsibility of a team to play to each others strengths and cover their weaknesses. All this talk of lack of pace, he didnt have it at the nhs for christ sake.

Anyway, signs of improvement after 3 training sessions. Robbie has assembled a team based on big physical direct play. Dan will work with what he has inherited but we have to give him time to find out whos uncoachable and replace them and build his own squad.

You only have to have a 5 minute conversation with dan to recognise he knows more about the way we dream up playing than anyone that has ever been at this club. The guy is as knowledgeable on the brand of football he wants to play as it gets and hes open about wanting to learn on not too stubborn to take on new ideas.

Just cut the bullshit for 5 minutes some of you two club w*****s and enjoy the ride. Cheers. Coyds.

Post subject: Re: Rant of sorts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:25 pm 

First half excellent. Second half ....WTF.
The players actually looked like they wanted it ...at least most of the time.
That's a BIG BIG improvement on the last few months.
RN completely F- up this group of players.
DM aint gonna turn it round in a week. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 pm 

The fact that the new manager has the same first name as myself is making reading the forum bloody confusing for me. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
The fact that the new manager has the same first name as myself is making reading the forum bloody confusing for me. :lol:

eVERYTHING IS CONFUSING TO ME ....AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

MK DANS :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:59 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

eVERYTHING IS CONFUSING TO ME ....AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT.

Does that include caps lock? :lol:

The pivotal moment was definitely when lewie went offand to a lesser degree maybe our shout for a pen getting turned down. Not saying it should have been but we needed a goal any way it came and the longer it went on we didnt score the more the game got away from us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:14 am 

Definitely some cause for optimism we had a couple of good chances and conceded what was a very poor goal. Lewington going off was the turning point and I honestly felt that the change would be Williams to left back and Brittain on at right back.

I think Dan will bring in at least one more mobile CB and a LB to cover, if I am honest we will be lucky to find a striker even on loan this window.

All that said definitely more hopeful than a week ago on to Walsall a 'must get something match' I believe as even with games in hand 6 points is starting to be a big gap to make up

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 am 

I'd agree with that dd. Definitely need to pick up points early as it gets very difficult in the closing stages of the season. Next 4 games are all 6 pointers.

The biggest positive for me was seeing what we were capable of for the first 60 minutes, with only 3 sessions with dan under the belt. Im optimistic but we need results and start following up good performances with back to back wins.

I do worry that if were still in the relegation zone after the next 4 games we will never get out given we need a cushion for the tougher periods down the line.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:30 am 

Also i'll be dissappointed if we dont replace what we've lost and further strengthened. We needed to strengthen before westarted losing squad members.

At the risk of sounding like filthy weve lost golbourne, walsh, ariyibi, tshibola, seager and sold downing.

We've brought in tavernier and ugbo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Also i'll be dissappointed if we dont replace what we've lost and further strengthened. We needed to strengthen before westarted losing squad members.

At the risk of sounding like filthy weve lost golbourne, walsh, ariyibi, tshibola, seager and sold downing.

We've brought in tavernier and ugbo.

And a new left back called Lewington :lol: