THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rochdale Away
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:30 pm 

With them drawing at Millwall today, they will have a replay on 6 February and our game will get shifted again. That means Dan has got more time to work with the players - just next Saturday at Walsall before our game at Stadium MK against Portsmouth in a fortnight’s time.

There is a bit of fixture congestion coming but it is worth it to have more time in training over the next couple of weeks.

Post subject: Re: Rochdale Away
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:59 pm 

Downside we wont have Aneke for Portsmouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:04 pm 

Yeah but now that we have seen Cissé at left back, we can always get Sietsma to cover the number ten role. Total football.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:04 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
Yeah but now that we have seen Cissé at left back, we can always get Sietsma to cover the number ten role. Total football.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:15 pm 
HarpenDon wrote:

It's dynamic, forward thinking like this that makes me wonder why the hell England would part ways with him

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:

It's dynamic, forward thinking like this that makes me wonder why the hell England would part ways with him

It’s called cosmic football, we used to play like that in the North Bucks League, you have to be capable of playing any position, to cover anybody still pissed from last night

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:29 pm 

Remember when you were a kid though, nobody wanted to be left back. Could only kick with my right.

So in the dressing room before the game for the under 13s, the manager says “wee man”, pointing at me, “left back”. Gutted - my mum had washed the kit and everything and then I get left back. Better than sub, but only just.

That’s what happened today. Lewie goes off and nobody fancies it. So Dan makes big Ouss do it, who thinks “if I am really shite at this he won’t make me do it again”. Can’t blame him really, but he should be made to take his kit home for his mum to wash.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:58 pm 
Scribble wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:

It’s called cosmic football, we used to play like that in the North Bucks League, you have to be capable of playing any position, to cover anybody still pissed from last night

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:02 pm 
HarpenDon wrote:
Remember when you were a kid though, nobody wanted to be left back. Could only kick with my right.

So in the dressing room before the game for the under 13s, the manager says “wee man”, pointing at me, “left back”. Gutted - my mum had washed the kit and everything and then I get left back. Better than sub, but only just.

That’s what happened today. Lewie goes off and nobody fancies it. So Dan makes big Ouss do it, who thinks “if I am really shite at this he won’t make me do it again”. Can’t blame him really, but he should be made to take his kit home for his mum to wash.

I was always the liability kid who played in defence, and instead of in-depth tactics and detailed instruction I was just told to smash the ball out instead of trying anything so my team mates could deal with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:07 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
Downside we wont have Aneke for Portsmouth

Upside is that it's Tony's birthday and now we can all go to Spoons and get trollied.