THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: We've got our team back.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 pm 

Just that. It felt so good.

That first hour - we were so much better than at any time this season. We're not scoring yet - a hangover from being so hog-tied under RN. But that'll come.

Lewie played well and, more importantly, had an overall positive influence on the team AND the crowd.

Cissé at CB was good. As soon as Lewie went off, EEL came on and Cissé went wide, the wheels came off. EEL (and Wootton) are exposed when playing this style of football as they aren't ball players. I like a good hoof into row Z as much as the next football dinosaur, but they are both weak links.

Tav was good; Ugbo far less so. I could go on, player by player. But that isn't the point of my post. Our team is back, playing our type of football. It'll take time to tune the engine till it purrs but it's already a runner and would pass an MOT.

Looking forward to the next 18 games. Win, lose or draw, football is back in Milton Keynes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:20 pm 

keyser soze wrote:

That first hour - we were so much better than at any time this season. We're not scoring yet - a hangover from being so hog-tied under RN. But that'll come.

Lewie played well and, more importantly, had an overall positive influence on the team AND the crowd.

Cissé at CB was good. As soon as Lewie went off, EEL came on and Cissé went wide, the wheels came off. EEL (and Wootton) are exposed when playing this style of football as they aren't ball players. I like a good hoof into row Z as much as the next football dinosaur, but they are both weak links.

Tav was good; Ugbo far less so. I could go on, player by player. But that isn't the point of my post. Our team is back, playing our type of football. It'll take time to tune the engine till it purrs but it's already a runner and would pass an MOT.

Looking forward to the next 18 games. Win, lose or draw, football is back in Milton Keynes.

This

Except, of course, the bit about hoofing it into row Z. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:20 pm 
Good to hear that Quicheball is alive (v2 of Robboball)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:21 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Good to hear that Quicheball is alive (v2 of Robboball)

Real men don't eat quiche - they play it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:24 pm 

Our corners were awful.

Ed did a weird dribble out of our 6 yard box.

EBL only uses his legs for standing on.

BUT, at times it was like watching Brazil.

Why did Coventry keep singing the Frog Corus? Maybe we should start singing the Floral Dance?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:26 pm 

I will wait, like I did before, for two consecutive wins before I agree. I did see a difference when Lewie was on, but we are still susceptible to counter attack and long balls while we are still playing well in patches only, are still evident.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm 

keyser soze wrote:

Agree with your summing up in regards to various players and we were saying pretty much the same thing word for word walking out of the ground, just hope you are right about the goals coming, that’s my concern at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Agree with your summing up in regards to various players and we were saying pretty much the same thing word for word walking out of the ground, just hope you are right about the goals coming, that’s my concern at the moment.

I'm not going to take a loss against a League 2 team at home as some sort of Pyrrhic victory. There is still a lot of improvement required.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:24 pm 

I'll say only one thing. EEL is absolutely shite. I've taken against him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 pm 

Gers wrote:
I'll say only one thing. EEL is absolutely shite. I've taken against him.

Absolutely hopeless, I’ve been praying that his loan gets terminated, complete and utter liability