THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: WINKLEBOT KLAXON!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 am 

midland don wrote:
Anyone else having trouble watching the video?

Yes, I can't get it to play.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 am 

It’s been said by some on here that Winkelman should be replaced by a chairman with more football experience.

But how many other chairmen have been in post 15 years, during which time they have resurrected and rebuilt a small moribund club, provided it with a fine new ground in a new town, weathered the storms of protests, managed the finances to avoid going bust again, and all the time presented an enthusiastic and committed face to the outside world?

Fans may carp from the sidelines, but none of them know what its like to do his job, let alone have the weight of it on their shoulders. And I’ve never seen him throw his toys out of the pram, he just gets on with it, usually with a smile.

One day he won’t be there any more, but until then I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:28 am 

Sausage wrote:
It’s been said by some on here that Winkelman should be replaced by a chairman with more football experience.

But how many other chairmen have been in post 15 years, during which time they have resurrected and rebuilt a small moribund club, provided it with a fine new ground in a new town, weathered the storms of protests, managed the finances to avoid going bust again, and all the time presented an enthusiastic and committed face to the outside world?

Fans may carp from the sidelines, but none of them know what its like to do his job, let alone have the weight of it on their shoulders. And I’ve never seen him throw his toys out of the pram, he just gets on with it, usually with a smile.

One day he won’t be there any more, but until then I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have.

I’ve been wanting to make that point for weeks! You beat me to it. I’d love to see a league table of longest serving chairmen. Pete would be in the top ten, I’m sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:36 am 

Boodie71 wrote:
midland don wrote:
Anyone else having trouble watching the video?

Yes, I can't get it to play.

Wouldn't play on tablet, phone, or work laptop. Finally managed to get it working last night on home PC, which is running Windows 10 with the new Microsoft browser. Might be a browser issue for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:12 am 

Can anyone name me someone who’d invest in us with more experience than Pete Winkelman?? Like, I want names. If you haven’t got names, you don’t know how good they are or how better places they are to do business better than Pete Winkelman.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 am 

Many fans don’t want a chairman, they want a benefactor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:49 am 

Alby wrote:
Can anyone name me someone who’d invest in us with more experience than Pete Winkelman?? Like, I want names. If you haven’t got names, you don’t know how good they are or how better places they are to do business better than Pete Winkelman.

Dietrich Mateschitz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 pm 

PW is an all round decent honest chap.
If you have met him you'll know this. That's not meant as a condescending remark; he always has time to chat and is mega enthusiastic about....well everything!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
If you have met him you'll know this. That's not meant as a condescending remark; he always has time to chat and is mega enthusiastic about....well everything!!!

I’ve only chatted with him about three times, no more than average on here, but I agree with this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 pm 

Sausage wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

I’ve only chatted with him about three times, no more than average on here, but I agree with this.

But he’s not an energy drink multi-billionaire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next