THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:01 pm 
I got a good impression from that short interview. Sounded very enthusiastic and knew what he was talking about. Infinitely more confident sounding than Neilson ever did. More optimistic the more I hear from him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:01 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Did he say they are preparing to get in touch with Paul Mitchell any day soon or;did I mishear that?

No, he said he'll be getting back in employment soon and that they'll keep in touch as he's a big fan of the club.
Micciche spoke well and came across as very confident in himself.
Didn't sound like he's planning too many additions as he rates the Neilson signings.

So 'no more money' already! ;) ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm 

holding out hope that mitchell is *still* waiting to escape his contract situation at spurs and will join us then. probably wishful thinking though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:42 pm 

Carried himself well and gave a good account of himself. I was always a fan of his coaching ability but also really warming to his personality in the position. Time will tell if its just a natural response to the stark contrast to the demise of robbies tenure but first impressions are faultless.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm 

ITV interview covers some of the points http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-01- ... -deadline/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:07 pm 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Did he say they are preparing to get in touch with Paul Mitchell any day soon or;did I mishear that?

He said Paul was going to get back into football soon but never mentioned where.

Almost certainly not here, otherwise we'd probably just have announced it along with the other changes to our management team. I really do think he'd be the perfect first director of football at the club, with his background in player recruitment (something that has definitely worsened at the club as of late) and being considered as an option for manager before we decided on Robbie. I'd love to be wrong though, I think he'd be the icing on the cake to what already looks to be a brilliant set of staff at the club.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm 

Anyone able to see look east there is going to be a report on the future of the Dons in around 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:09 pm 

Yes and in usual media fashion they put negative spin on it by stressing DM has no previous managerial experience. No mention at all of his highly experienced No 2.

And had a dig at Pete about putting money in or selling up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:26 pm 

All the media up till now has been great but I wouldnt bother making an appearance for the bbc. Overly negative vibe from the reporters and got found out for having the same mental capacity as amateurs that have no concept of how the business side of the club is run. Wanna hire some professionals or do their research before they pose stupid questions?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:00 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
All the media up till now has been great but I wouldnt bother making an appearance for the bbc. Overly negative vibe from the reporters and got found out for having the same mental capacity as amateurs that have no concept of how the business side of the club is run. Wanna hire some professionals or do their research before they pose stupid questions?

Yeah, and the stupid comments such as it’s Micciche’s job to fill the stadium every week, difficult enough in league 1 and the fact we’re not at home every week.

I hate this lazy journalism stuff, do it properly or don’t bother at all