The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Training today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:15 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
This thread just reminded me that DM said a couple of Academy lads would be training with the first team for the first time today.

That prompted me to go and have a look at the gallery on the OS.

Looks like Sorinola and Sole to me?

Sorinola’s a left back and Sole, from what I’ve seen, has played wide or behind Asonganyi.

No Hope?

That's a bit negative. Give them a chance! :)

I know you meant Tommy.

I thought he meant Powell.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 pm 

the pitches look an absolute disaster. i'm surprised they don't use turf more often.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:00 am 
Good to see some of the players praising Micciche and enjoying the first day of training..

[tweet]https://twitter.com/oussicinho/status/955895140094267392[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Chuks_Aneke/status/955885372738818048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/edupson/status/955892748682481667[/tweet]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:45 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Whatever their reaction, they need to man up and get to grips with someone that isn't (shock, horror), Scottish.

It should have no effect. From what I’ve heard in dribs and drabs regarding Muirhead he didn’t get on with Neilson and was let down by how he was utilised, the homesickness can’t have helped. Hopefully DM a will give him a smile and a arm around the shoulder. I hope he gets a chance to have another go under the new gaffer. I’ve not been impressed but I feel for him and feel there may be a good player in there somewhere.

I don’t think it’ll affect Nesbitt. He seems happy here and clicks with the fans and is enjoying his football. Plus he’s a good player. So can’t see DM wanting rid.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:35 am 

Alby wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Whatever their reaction, they need to man up and get to grips with someone that isn't (shock, horror), Scottish.

It should have no effect. From what I’ve heard in dribs and drabs regarding Muirhead he didn’t get on with Neilson and was let down by how he was utilised, the homesickness can’t have helped. Hopefully DM a will give him a smile and a arm around the shoulder. I hope he gets a chance to have another go under the new gaffer. I’ve not been impressed but I feel for him and feel there may be a good player in there somewhere.

I don’t think it’ll affect Nesbitt. He seems happy here and clicks with the fans and is enjoying his football. Plus he’s a good player. So can’t see DM wanting rid.

And he's a young player, which is a positive seeing as DM has thus far been involved in bringing through young players. I really hope the younger players in our squad like Nesbitt will be playing a lot under DM, because like you I'm a huge fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:25 am 

Alby wrote:

Would love to see Muirhead get a decent run and get some confidence back. After he played very well against Walsall (IMO) at the end of last season I thought the only way was up for him. Also thought he was unlucky against QPR not to have scored. For what it's worth a Hearts fan I know through work has always said both Muirhead and Sow were good signings, with then latter capable of the occasional screamer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Good to see some of the players praising Micciche and enjoying the first day of training..

[tweet]https://twitter.com/oussicinho/status/955895140094267392[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Chuks_Aneke/status/955885372738818048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/edupson/status/955892748682481667[/tweet]

Agree. Although they are hardly likely to say. 'Chr*st. Who is this bloke? Bring back the previous loony'. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm 

RedDotDon wrote:
It reminded me how much we need a professional set of pitches to train on.

Fields looked terribly cut up.

If only we hadn’t splashed the Deli Alli money on Grigg and Afobe.