THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Micciche Confirmed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm 

Dan wrote:
So, the new management team consists of:

> A manager with extensive experience of, and a keen interest in, local youth development
> An assistant manager vastly experienced in the senior game
> A player-coach who is a (sorry, THE) club legend

That is exactly the kind of management team that this club should be about IMO. I can't think of a better way of restoring some of the soul to club and fans alike.

Well done PW, AC, etc.

This.

Post subject: Re: Micciche appointed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:51 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Given time, some of you are going to hate the football though, I’m sure..

When done properly, with attacking intent, it's a joy to watch. When done with no cutting edge, we might as well watch the shite of the last few months.

I'm hoping Dan is less stubborn than KR and more pragmatic; some of our squad aren't capable of the passing game, so a hybrid approach will be needed. But some will relish it and will flourish.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the football again, and not just having a beer with mates.

100% this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm 

Excited for what might be, really hope it works for everyone including us, everyone needs to turn up Saturday and support this new team like your life depends on it! We’re all in this together again now and not being ripped apart. Coyd’s (bring your friends Saturday and lets get 15/16,000 there!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:17 pm 

The main thing in all this, is we have got our identity back , the football will be the mk way, the manègment team will gell with the fans , all will be pulling in the same direction, football will be better to watch, I can see this manègment team going on for a few years, even if we go down , this manager will start from scratch and do it the right way the mk way, and if Dan moves on in the future, we have a ready made manager to keep our way going for years, dean lewington. This team could be going for years. Please be patient lads I think we have our club back now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 pm 

Hugo wrote:
The main thing in all this, is we have got our identity back , the football will be the mk way, the manègment team will gell with the fans , all will be pulling in the same direction, football will be better to watch, I can see this manègment team going on for a few years, even if we go down , this manager will start from scratch and do it the right way the mk way, and if Dan moves on in the future, we have a ready made manager to keep our way going for years, dean lewington. This team could be going for years. Please be patient lads I think we have our club back now.

I would put a proviso on this. Football has changed the last few years, with a lot more pressing, more organised and quicker players. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has also said that the standard of league 1 has improved. So while Robbie wanted to play it on the floor it has become harder to do so. It will be interesting to see if Dan Micciche can succeed where Robbie and Robbo failed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm 

I think that it's a pretty cool appointment.

And having Lewie on the coaching staff is just fucking hilarious. Pete would've been quicker to say "Up yours Neilson".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:44 pm 

And another point for me is we've absolutely had the heart and soul ripped out of this club since Neilson arrived. Dan will hopefully be able to restore it. Just a shame Lewie wasn't in place for the KFC game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:50 pm 

Gers wrote:
And another point for me is we've absolutely had the heart and soul ripped out of this club since Neilson arrived. Dan will hopefully be able to restore it. Just a shame Lewie wasn't in place for the KFC game.

Definitely. Especially seeing as he played out of his skin in Neilson's first game against then. You could see how much he loved the club, and that getting one over the scum was just as important to him as it is us fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm 

I don’t think Lewie will play Saturday but imagine he did and had the game of his life? Imagine... biggest fuck you “this is the right way to do it” ever.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:35 pm 

It may be shite but its our shite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next