THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:43 pm 

Mundane reasons, entirely removed from moral objections or fear, kept me away from both game and beam back last night but from 3CR and subsequent social media reports sounds like it was a much better performance. Even RN sounded decidedly animated in his post match interview. Looking forward to seeing same again on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:51 pm 

It was a good night. Not perfect but a great result. There was obviously a game plan before the goal and subsequently a different one after going in front so thats positive that we dont just bang the same drum like a training excercise.

It did worry me how much space we awarded them in wide areas as they were coming into our half but we soon faced them up once they got into a further position.

Lots of positives for me, particularly how dignified we were in their hostility and pettiness signified by when under no pressure to do so we put the ball out of play so their play could get treatment and also how dignified our social media team was.

Bottle of claret moment was pete celebrating in with the fans, wouldnt swap him for all the riches in the world.

My motm was nicholls for the way he brought a calmness, commanded his box, collected crosses and the all important penalty save to put an end to any hope they had of getting back into the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 pm 

I came away thinking the first was an oggy. I'm glad it was Seager. Wouldn't want them claiming the credit.

Last edited by Sausage on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:39 pm 

To those who went last night were they really as quiet as they sounded on the beam back? They weren't even groaning loudly as their full backs were being repeatedly violated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 pm 

Their fans are a bunch of quiet wimpy ladybits* when they're losing. Funny that.

*if that is my last "Ladybit" ever used on this forum I'm glad it was for those loathsome weirdos.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm 

Alby wrote:
Their fans are a bunch of quiet wimpy ladybits* when they're losing. Funny that.

*if that is my last "Ladybit" ever used on this forum I'm glad it was for those loathsome weirdos.

Totally get crowds being a bit quiet when losing, but even we muster an audible groan when the same shit keeps happening.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:17 pm 

Shit ground for noise.

That said, the stand to our right was a mix of frustrated middle aged men stuck in the past and kids.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 am 

Sausage wrote:
I came away thinking the first was an oggy. I'm glad it was Seager. Wouldn't want them claiming the credit.

It was 100% an OG. Not sure how he has managed to keep his claim to it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 am 

Just watched extended highlights. Great build up to second goal, good layoff from
Sow. He's going to be good!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:11 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Sausage wrote:

It was 100% an OG. Not sure how he has managed to keep his claim to it!

You do see that outside of the Premiership occasionally where the media report it wrongly and there seems no appetite to change it by either team. Sparing their lad the embarrassment and giving ours a nice boost to his stats, maybe?

It’s defintely not the first time what was clearly an oggy has gone uncredited.