PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am 

There's only one answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhstRrZzaso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Alby wrote:
The police guided people to the town centre as opposed to straight to the ground. My understanding is to avoid Northampton fans and to get to the ground for kickoff which is what happened.

I have absolutely no clue why there was a need for such a big police presence, we’ve been to Northampton many times over the past 5/6 years and have never had that before?

It's often triggered by intelligence gathered before the game (such as social media arrangements for meets). No idea if that's the case with this game though. Maybe plod just fancied a day out.

Yeah I know. But I wasn’t expecting anything like that. Perhaps if they tried talking to them maybe they’d get to know them ;)

I don't need people to know me in order to behave.

Obviously unaware of the great banter from the Championship season that that phrase caused.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Alby wrote:
The police guided people to the town centre as opposed to straight to the ground. My understanding is to avoid Northampton fans and to get to the ground for kickoff which is what happened.

I have absolutely no clue why there was a need for such a big police presence, we’ve been to Northampton many times over the past 5/6 years and have never had that before?

It's often triggered by intelligence gathered before the game (such as social media arrangements for meets). No idea if that's the case with this game though. Maybe plod just fancied a day out.

A day out in Northampton??? Each to their own I suppose!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:27 am 

Alby wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Alby wrote:

Yeah I know. But I wasn’t expecting anything like that. Perhaps if they tried talking to them maybe they’d get to know them ;)

I don't need people to know me in order to behave.

Obviously unaware of the great banter from the Championship season that that phrase caused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:16 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Alby wrote:

Having been there for the first (and last) time...it wouldn't be my idea of a day out!
Ghastly view.
Tea tasteless.
Toilets as if afc had just visited.
If that is 'a proper football ground'......dear lawd.