THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:52 am 

MK Jack wrote:
Here we go again. Why wont Pete Winkelman appoint a proper manager. This is not going to work another way out crazy choice

Proper manager like who???? (Except Simon Greyson who was never gonna get the job)

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I guess Keith Millen is the old wise head to Dan Micciche's young cutting edge, although he lacks managerial experience too. I will swallow any doubts I have and it's certainly a bold decision as normal from Pete. Still M&M though; our new sponsors?

Just check Wikipedia. Keith Millen has had a career of being either assistant or caretaker manager. I can't see us getting another assistant manager with as much experience in that role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 am 

MK Jack wrote:
Here we go again. Why wont Pete Winkelman appoint a proper manager. This is not going to work another way out crazy choice

Ince worked (the first time) and only had a few months at Macc prior. RDM worked (first managerial appointment). KR worked (first managerial appointment). RN did not work (manager with a couple of years experience and a pretty good track record).

Oh that wacky Winkie and his crazy choices. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:38 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I guess Keith Millen is the old wise head to Dan Micciche's young cutting edge, although he lacks managerial experience too. I will swallow any doubts I have and it's certainly a bold decision as normal from Pete. Still M&M though; our new sponsors?

Just check Wikipedia. Keith Millen has had a career of being either assistant or caretaker manager. I can't see us getting another assistant manager with as much experience in that role.

Said the same last night to friends. He seems a perfect fit for the role. Given the calibre of clubs he’s worked at it’s quite a coup to get him I’d say.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 am 

Keith has been around a while, if I remember correctly he had a spell in charge of Bristol City, and a caretaker role at Crystal Palace.
Can he really be any worse the RN, will probably change the style and will certainly need to bring in a couple or three, to get us out of the mess.
The third tier is very tough even the great Brian Clough struggled at Brighton in the old division three.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 am 

I'm a bit disappointed that Mitchell isn't joining in some capacity, as our recruitment has definitely gotten worse as of late, someone who was in charge of recruitment and had a large role at the club of his calibre would have been exciting. Still, I think an experienced assistant who has had such a role in the Premier League, coupled with a young and exciting manger who gets MK Dons would be a good fit. Just if you had Mitchell as Director of Football it would be the ideal trio to restore the MK way of playing attacking football, good recruitment and bringing through young players.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 am 

Some real positives for me here.

Keith Millen managed to stay as Assistant Manager at Crystal Palace through several changes of manager. Which suggests he is good at his job and (possibly) non-confrontational enough to get on with whoever else may come in. Well, until Big Sam.

Wiki has a bit which rings all the right bells for our current situation.
“On 26 November 2013, newly appointed Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis announced that Millen will be kept as backroom staff. This is likely because Millen had successfully restored team spirit back into the Crystal Palace squad and inspired Palace to 3 points closer to safety of relegation with 0-0 home draw to Everton, followed by a 1-0 away win over Hull City.[14]”

From his career I guess, like Richie Barker, he prefers the Assistant role to actual manager.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 am 

Suppose he'll act a bit like a Gorman figure.

Hopefully we'll hearrange from him from time to time too! #wheresCrawford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am 

keyser soze wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

Ince worked (the first time) and only had a few months at Macc prior. RDM worked (first managerial appointment). KR worked (first managerial appointment). RN did not work (manager with a couple of years experience and a pretty good track record).

Ince - 609 appearances in club football and 53 more appearances for England
RDM - 323 appearances plus 34 for Italy
KR - Assistant Manager at Blackburn and MK Dons

Dan Micciche - England Under 16s head coach and MK Dons youth coach. No professional football experience.

You can see why people are sceptical sitting in 21st place. Not to say it’s the wrong appointment, time will tell, but a little concerning.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

Ince - 609 appearances in club football and 53 more appearances for England
RDM - 323 appearances plus 34 for Italy
KR - Assistant Manager at Blackburn and MK Dons

Dan Micciche - England Under 16s head coach and MK Dons youth coach. No professional football experience.

You can see why people are sceptical sitting in 21st place. Not to say it’s the wrong appointment, time will tell, but a little concerning.

I would prefer Grayson or Warburton, but Grayson isn't interested and there is no mention of Warburton, so as long as the senior players are board, despite my reservations, I welcome it and as said previously Millen has a great deal of experience. So bring it on.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next