THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch and Micciche
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 pm 

So happy. Colin Wanker probably would have been bettter short term (results wise), but Pete's not a short-termist. He looks at the long term future of the club, and getting someone with the vision and people skills of Mick Quiche and the connections and recruitment knowledge of Mitchel will supplement any shortcomings. DM and PM provide the kind of ethos that we want ingrained in our club, and regardless of how this season pans out, I hope we give them time.

All that send, lose to Coventry and they should be sacked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 pm 

Sorry to perhaps be a lone voice, but I personally would be underwhelmed and a tad disappointed unless we got in a man/ management team with more experience.
Still feel our fingers are burnt with the "bold move" on a young manager that was Neilson....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 pm 

Mick Quiche. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 pm 

Galverion wrote:
Sorry to perhaps be a lone voice, but I personally would be underwhelmed and a tad disappointed unless we got in a man/ management team with more experience.
Still feel our fingers are burnt with the "bold move" on a young manager that was Neilson....

He had experience and look where hat got us

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 pm 

Alby wrote:
Galverion wrote:

He had experience and look where hat got us

Well, that is kind of my point...when I say experience, I mean more years that Robbie had. He was pretty much still a novice. Just feel we are in too critical a time (for this season and the next few years) to gamble on novices again....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:08 pm 

Keith Millen has over 10 year’s managerial experience in PL and Championship and is credited with restoring team spirit at Crystal Palace. I think his credentials are rather good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am 

leodon wrote:
Keith Millen has over 10 year’s managerial experience in PL and Championship and is credited with restoring team spirit at Crystal Palace. I think his credentials are rather good.

Sorry, far, far from convinced

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 am 

Getting a tad worried now....delighted RN has gone, but I was really looking forward for an established, experienced manager to take our club on. Not some untried novices.
Do the right, sensible and above all, the RIGHT thing Pete...please. Last thing we want is to find ourselves in a similar position in a year's time....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 am 
dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
If confirmed, I will be very happy, even if we go down this season.

Bold, strategic choices, not the dull Colin Wanker style appointment that Grayson would have been.

And BCS - you shoot, you score.

Agree with all of this.

Think this is the first time I've ever agreed with dons50 and keyser.

If we get Micciche I will be happy. Was wanting either a very experience League One manager (like Grayson), or an exciting prospect with an understanding of our club philosophy, and Micciche is one of the few that will get that.

I would much rather it took a longer rebuild to get us back playing the way we used to, than expecting an experienced manager with less flexibility attempt to give us a short term fix and keep us up.

If this appointment is true, I will respect PW a bit more for getting someone in that understands our club identity, which is what I would assume most supporters would want too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 am 

Sphere wrote:
NOBODY will accidentally get it wrong on TCR if he gets the job 8-)

Totally agree spear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next